Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora with cowboy boots?

LTDAVIS

New in Town
Odd pairing but it came across my mind as I put on my fed iv and looked over my footwear and saw my boots. I wasn't gonna do it but my mind started ticking. Any occasion wear you are wearing cowboy boots you could wear a cowboy hat so why would you pick a fedora unless it's a crossover? So basically my question is has it ever been done?

Odd pairing but it came across my mind as I put on my fed iv and looked over my footwear and saw my boots. I wasn't gonna do it but my mind started ticking. Any occasion wear you are wearing cowboy boots you could wear a cowboy hat so why would you pick a fedora unless it's a crossover? So basically my question is has it ever been done?
If it violates any fashion law then I am up for a long stretch in the fashion jail or social purgatory. My uniform: oxford cloth button down shirt, jeans, tweed, denim or leather jacket, a pair of western boots (I have a selection of exotic hide boots, (ropers and higher heels) and whatever hat I happen to grab. Sometimes a fedora, sometimes a Homburg, sometimes a crossover and sometimes even a western.

LTDAVIS

New in Town
If it violates any fashion law then I am up for a long stretch in the fashion jail or social purgatory. My uniform: oxford cloth button down shirt, jeans, tweed, denim or leather jacket, a pair of western boots (I have a selection of exotic hide boots, (ropers and higher heels) and whatever hat I happen to grab. Sometimes a fedora, sometimes a Homburg, sometimes a crossover and sometimes even a western.
A homburg definitely seems like a common occurrence back in the day. And I can totally see an old photo of a guy hard at work in his boots and his fedora. I may or may not try it.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Never in the history of hat wearing mankind has that ever been done.
Go for it...be a rock star.
Pics or it didn’t happen.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I resemble that remark!

I’ve never found cowboy boots to be comfortable. I know others find theirs super comfy, but my feet just don’t like them. I have a couple pairs of packer boots, but I rarely wear them for comfort reasons.

As for the looks or fashion rules: I can’t see anyone even giving it a thought. It’s pretty innocuous. Now just don’t think about wearing a fedora with an aloha/Hawaiian shirt. ;)

RBH

Bartender
While this photo is from 2013s Bonnie and Clyde. It shows that the look works well.
[William Hurt as Frank Hamer, in the fedora]

lciq.jpg

I’ve never found cowboy boots to be comfortable. I know others find theirs super comfy, but my feet just don’t like them. I have a couple pairs of packer boots, but I rarely wear them for comfort reasons.

As for the looks or fashion rules: I can’t see anyone even giving it a thought. It’s pretty innocuous. Now just don’t think about wearing a fedora with an aloha/Hawaiian shirt. ;)
I do prefer the lower heel of Roper boots but as members here have chided me.....they ain't boot they are slippers!

I highly recommend it.

I don't bother getting into the minutia of my clothing and footwear choices. I just wear what I like and allow others to attach the labels.
The OP specifically asked about & all the replies have been about cowboy boots. In the General Attire & Accoutrement section the thread is titled Cowboy Boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner