Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora with Western Hat band

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I have a Resistol western conversion that I'm thinking of outfitting with a western style hat band with conchos. Anyone seen a Fedora with western hat band or have an opinion of what it would look like?

I can imagine such a hat looking real nice, and I can imagine such a hat looking somewhat less than that. I've put beaded bands on hats that were considerably more fedora than cowboy in their dimensions, and to my eye they looked right.

As we like to say around here, if you like it, you've satisfied the one person whose opinion matters. Should you go that route, post a pic.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I have a Resistol western conversion that I'm thinking of outfitting with a western style hat band with conchos. Anyone seen a Fedora with western hat band or have an opinion of what it would look like?

After a brief search to see if I could find images of what you described I found the following thumb-size images. http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mei9OY3aeEPOf0xZMBHPBHw.jpg
https://img1.etsystatic.com/032/0/5804631/il_340x270.620054255_8vbh.jpg

I believe you could fit a western style hat band with conches to a fedora. You may want a hat band that is comparable in size to the ribbon, so the crown does not present as being overly large. Nonetheless, I am confident you may fit your fedora with a western hat band and conches that meets your personality.

The best way to find out is to take you hat to a location that sells western hat bands and try some on your hat. See what they look like and go from there.

I hope this helps.

I don't do much with concho bands but do put leather hatbands on some of my non-western lids, brims under 3".
It seems to be more of the outback look to me...
IMG_20121207_150633_418.jpg

CutdownHitchhiker.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
I'm a little late to this thread but here is one of my fedoras with a horsehair band. This a 3/8" band that does not have tassels which I think looks pretty good on a fedora style hat. The hat has a 2 3/4" brim.

imagejpg1_zps4933e14f.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Those look nice Rusty, Tom and Landman.
Landman, what hat is that on?

Thanks everybody for the compliments.

The hat is a Beaver Brand I purchased from somebody on EBay about the time the factory closed. It was new with tags but I think it might have been a reject because of the sweatband having some problems. I sent it to Art Fawcett and he put in a nice sweatband and liner. Been a great hat.

pnbarber

New in Town
gtdean48,
I really like the two hats you shared. I saw where you posted a little information about the their conversion in another thread. I would like to chat with about the process sometime if you don't mind. If this is not allowed, I apologise in advance.

gtdean48,
I really like the two hats you shared. I saw where you posted a little information about the their conversion in another thread. I would like to chat with about the process sometime if you don't mind. If this is not allowed, I apologise in advance.

You need 15 posts to Private Message, so go comment on some nice lids being posted or if you have any specific questions just post in Ask a question... thread or Conversion Corral thread...
Welcome to the Lounge....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner