Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This weekend went to the Algarve again, this time to go the the medieval days in Castro Marim.

This weekend started with the beach in the morning
20140830.jpg

And before lunch, a fast run to Spain to get one of this ;)
10 Euros less than in Portugal :(
20140831b1.jpg

In the afternoon went to Castro Marim Fort to see a "Justa" demonstration, a kind of tournament made by Portuguese warriors. Various weapons and tecniques. Very nice to watch, but a little bit staged... need to be less "theatrical".
20140830d.jpg

20140830b.jpg

After the demonstration ended watched the sun set.
20140830f.jpg

20140830e.jpg

Headed to the Castle to dinner and to watch another demonstration that is made by a police unit called GNR (Guarda Nacional Republicana), this one much nicer than the one in the fort because it looks less theatrical and more real.
Sorry no pictures of that because the show runs at night...
20140830c.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Went to an "Art in The Park" festival last weekend. It was really nice; they had 3/4 of the town blocked off for tents, artists, and activities. There was a great kids area, complete with a "build your own city" area where the kids could paint empty boxes and create their own city. Lots of great art, cool metal sculptures, and I also saw a lot of hats walking around. :thumb:

C75A11EE.jpg

F22D4FA1.jpg

0C258F40.jpg

27FA8AF0.jpg

445C786C.jpg

A couple of shots of the historic part of the town...

070270E1.jpg

F8EFE96D.jpg

What a GREAT day, A&A! The box city looks like a diverse neighborhood. But the pug on your lid is what caught my eye... PERFECT!

This may not be the perfect thread for this post, but on a walk to a neighboring pond, we came upon a "free" pile. This could have been mine for the taking, except my wife was not far behind us.
Allen was wearing a modern Milan.

This was obviously a "pre-string" technology weed wacker. Anyone out there still using one of these? I can't imagine why it was in the free pile...

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Thank you both. I had numerous compliments today on it. Spotted several straw fedoras as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
6bc699e3eb42571b14a5364c1abcd6c4.jpg

Still at callaway gardens, but I decided on a different hat today. Akubra Fed iv. But in brown this time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace