Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Thanks Perry! In truth, at least a couple weren't happy, as I recall. There's always somebody!

Thanks tons, Frank! I hadn't thought of Johnnie, as I was under the impression he had donated the remainder of his stash (in all those tiny sizes) to a children's theatre group. I will check on that...

My sizes go down to about 6-1/2 (a couple of European woolies) and include a 6-5/8, 3/4, and 7/8. Man, I hope he likes hats!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Travelled around the state with a little Dickens set to music and narration. Toppers and scarves required.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419354454186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419354454186.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

A-1

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words. Found it in a charity shop. Pure luck! My gf talked me into buying it which is strange because she usually doesn’t like me wearing hats... I’m happy she convinced me because I wasn’t so sure.
14_xxx_zeki_minc2a9maxthrelfall-1063378.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. Found it in a charity shop. Pure luck! My gf talked me into buying it which is strange because she usually doesn’t like me wearing hats... I’m happy she convinced me because I wasn’t so sure.
I also think it suits you very well. Additionally, I'm not normally a fan of feathers on hats, but on that hat, on you, they work. I wish I had that kind of luck!

A-1

One Too Many
Thanks Al! Found the feathers in Scotland as well. They weren’t initially on the hat when I bought it.

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
New year in Roma

Monica and me we planned a last time tour to visit some friends living there.
The main purpose is to follow the Raffaelo Sanzio works outside the Vatican, but a nice surprise followed.
It was sunny, windy a really cold the weather in Rome the last three days of 2014.
I have one hat 2ekso4m.jpg a brown Flechet Century and one cap and after the first morning I wear only the cap. Too cold and windy for a fedora.
Villa Farnesina and San Agostino church were the sites for Raffaello frescos guided by our friend historian of art.
The afternoon of 30 December we were in MonteMartini power plant to visit an archeological industrial site "stuffed" with a small number of Roman statues and friezes (400 pieces) from the Musei Capitolini
347jqx5.jpg
MonteMartini was the first powerplant 1912 builded to supply electric power to Rome. Closed in 1963 it was abandoned and in the 1990 there was the restoration.
2m3qxip.jpg
1q4m85.jpg
During a restoration of the Musei Capitolini part of the collection was temporarly exposed in this restored archeoligical industry site
2aj0xlc.jpg
It was a huge success, so the installation became permanent
In the collection there are example of "modern" sculpture like this girl made for the Horti (private garden)
2rhsnef.jpg
2m4rdi8.jpg
or this ornamental frieze called "Germano"
2yl2s93.jpg
and classical made in marble
2ijp8nl.jpg
sepnj4.jpg
or in bronze
102qyph.jpg
A really interesting afternoon until the exit when a nother started to flog our faces.
Last visit was for the new room in the Musei Capitolini.
Marc'Aurelio bronze statue new collocation is really astounding
15rxt75.jpg
as the Ercole in golden bronze.
e82y5y.jpg
Guard of the Giove Capitolini basement, the ancient temple on the Campidoglio hill-

For all of you, as wish for the new year
34hcn79.jpg
La fortuna. The fortune

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace