Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fels Naptha soap for Cotten shirts

Sylvesterd

Familiar Face
Is it safe to clean the collars of 100% high end Cotten shirts with this stuff? I know it is called laundry soap but little hesitant. Sometimes I think dry cleaners don't do a good job of actually cleaning shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CataWhatas

New in Town
I have always reacted poorly to Fels Naptha. For cotton that's really grimy, I love Goop rubbed in, let sit for an hour, then washed like normal with washing powder added to the detergent.

But I'm washing jeans, socks and t shirts that little boys dig in the mud in. So the clothes put up with some nasty abuse and any fabric failing, I'm going to accept it and I'm not attached to any of the clothes.

Whislerm

New in Town
I use Fel's Naptha on all my shirts, but I don't just rub it on like directions say. In my experience that stains them the color of the soap, mainly white shirts. I grate the Fel's and combine it with some other soaps like blue dawn and it works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy