Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fifty Shades of what in the HELL is she talking about?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
"To each is own". Aside from my wife, I've had nothing but positive reactions from people when I'm wearing my fedoras. Most of the positive comments I get about my hats are from women, (probably why the wife doesn't like my fedoras), and from teens and young adults.

Last edited:

hatguy1

One Too Many
Why in the world would anyone care what she thinks about anything? I went out with a couple of actresses in N.Y. years ago, and their only topic was themselves. Who cares?

That's the problem with Hollyweird in the modern era; they're so self-important they think the whole country/world looks to them for guidance.

That's the problem with Hollyweird in the modern era; they're so self-important they think the whole country/world looks to them for guidance.
In all fairness, modern society (at least here in the U.S.) is so obsessed with "celebrities" that it has given them that platform to speak from, and the so-called "news" media is always looking for the next big sound bite to promote or ridicule. Unfortunately, many of these "celebrities" let this attention inflate their already-bloated egos, they start believing their own publicity, and it gives them a false sense of their own worth. If you're constantly surrounded by people telling you how great you are, I think it's pretty easy to fall into that trap.

I was reading my Sunday Boston Globe when I saw a quote from Dakota Johnson...

"I think its unsexy when a man chews with his mouth open or when a man is rude or wears fedoras."

Going out on a limb here... I don't find any of these things sexy either.

hatguy1

One Too Many
In all fairness, modern society (at least here in the U.S.) is so obsessed with "celebrities" that it has given them that platform to speak from, and the so-called "news" media is always looking for the next big sound bite to promote or ridicule. Unfortunately, many of these "celebrities" let this attention inflate their already-bloated egos, they start believing their own publicity, and it gives them a false sense of their own worth. If you're constantly surrounded by people telling you how great you are, I think it's pretty easy to fall into that trap.

Good points....

Panadora

Practically Family
My wardrobe were hijacked and now I'm nothing but a pathetic old man obviously trying to be young with the young :confused:

attachment.php

The iterations of this classic were endless, but J. Crew took a pristine approach and stocked the original. If you were one of the 5 people that didn't purchase a striped t-shirt this season (2011), fear not! There's still time! Stripes are expected to sell right through Fall -- although when my Dad starts wearing a striped boat neck -- we should probably plan an intervention.

Attachments

• b27fc2ed6f264a03d77c372d4d8ab010.jpg
    b27fc2ed6f264a03d77c372d4d8ab010.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 215

BGC1963

New in Town
Hello y'all from the new guy. I agree that there is confusion in the minds of many between fedora and trilby. A fedora is a timeless classic, a trilby... well to each his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt