Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding the Palest Foundation

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
I want to find out what foundation you pale gals use. I've tried so many foundations, and at the moment am using the Maybelline 24hour one which is definitely the palest I've found, but I can still see the slight yellowy/orange tinge around my eyebrows and hairline, and if I try and patch it up later in the day, a second layer definitely makes it way too dark for my liking. Any ideas/tips? Would be greatly appreciated! ; )

Visit me here: www.jennyjenny-yesterdaygirl.blogspot.com

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I know there is another thread that talks about this topic, so this one is likely to get lumped in with it.

I am very pale, and I use L'Oreal Visible Lift (SPF 17 in it) in the Pale (101) color. I use L'Oreal's Translucide Loose Powder in Translucent for setting the foundation. It's the best combo I've found for looking like I'm not wearing make up.

Drappa

One Too Many
I'm not pale, so I haven't tried it, but Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud launched a make-up range for pale gals called "Dainty Dolls". Apparently it's available at Asos.

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
Drappa said:
I'm not pale, so I haven't tried it, but Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud launched a make-up range for pale gals called "Dainty Dolls". Apparently it's available at Asos.

Oh yes, I've heard about that. She finally rejected the fake tan!

D

Deleted member 12480

if you find powder foundation you really like - mix it with talc :)

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
I'm as fair (basically translucent) as they come and I swear by Bare Minerals "fair." It's the first one I've found that doesn't look like a shadow was cast on my face.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I use L'Oreal True Match in Rose Ivory, it's my favourite pale foundation that I've found so far, the coverage is thick enough for me but it's not too oily or greasy - and it is uber pale :)

Good luck on your search! x

MissHannah

One Too Many
I would second Lily Lolo if you prefer mineral make-up and I'll also 'third' the Illamasqua suggestion - their range goes from pure white to darkest brown and there are several weights too; light liquid (which I use), rich liquid, cream foundation and powder foundation. For colour range you can't go wrong with them.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
deleteduser said:
if you find powder foundation you really like - mix it with talc :)

DON'T mix talc with anything that goes on your face! If it isn't made to go on it will likely irritate.

I'm reminded of using talcum powder on my face one Halloween (I was being Bride of Frankenstein) when I was about 9 and it itched like crazy. And I do not have sensitive skin. NOT recommended!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Illamasque is pale, but maybe you are looking for a less expensive option? I am pretty pale myself.

I looked at some of Maybelline's international sites, their color offerings vary a lot by county. Just be glad that you don't live in Sweden or the Netherlands, all of the Maybelline foundations there are way too dark for us pale faces. It seems that everyone there is tan.

I noticed that we have more shades of Maybelline in the US market. I am guessing that UK ladies have darker skin? I wouldn't think that possible, but it may be so. I usually wear porcelain ivory (2nd lightest shade) in Maybelline Mineral, but I noticed that 24hr lightest shade seems to be sand in the UK, but porcelain ivory in the US.

I noticed that they are coming out with a new Maybelline foundation, Dream Creamy in the UK, and that it's lightest shade is porcelain, which may be light enough for you. Their Porcelain usually has less yellow in it, which may be the problem with the sand and ivory colors on your skin--I know that is why I can't wear them.

Also, I noticed that there are usually lighter shades in French cosmetics, not sure why. Here L'Oreal usually has lighter shades than other drugstore brands, and Lancome in the dept. stores as well.

Also, if you want to lighten powder foundation without talc, you can use white mineral powder (titanium coated mica), titanium dioxide (very opaque) or maybe try cornstarch if you can't find those locally?

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Tourbillion said:
I noticed that we have more shades of Maybelline in the US market. I am guessing that UK ladies have darker skin? I wouldn't think that possible, but it may be so. I usually wear porcelain ivory (2nd lightest shade) in Maybelline Mineral, but I noticed that 24hr lightest shade seems to be sand in the UK, but porcelain ivory in the US.

Many British women are pale, but a really startling proportion of them seem to think that wearing a glowing orange foundation gives their skin a pleasing glow. It's bizarre. I have never seen so many women with such poorly chosen makeup! Even a MAC consultant asked me if I didn't want to "warm up" my complexion when I was looking for a foundation.

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
MAC Pro does a white face and body foundation which I use to lighten regular foundation. I also have a white face powder and a pink one. I'm gonna test Illamasqua but i have to wait for a trip to Manchester first as i'm not ordering over the internet withoiut seeing it first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner