Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First post - looking for info on a hat...

KCross

New in Town
I've been getting more and more into hats recently so when a friend of mine bought a couple of hats at a Salvation Army thrift store for a costume party, he gave them to me when he was done! One is a black felt Cuffley from Country Gentleman. The other I'm having a little trouble finding information for... It's a derby and the only markings are on the sweatband, which has fallen off. It says Royal Penn on one side of it and the other side says Genuine Fur Felt...and that's all. It appears to be pretty old, but I just can't really tell.

Now I just need to find someone to block them for me...my friend tried to help me out by washing them before he gave them to me - in the washing machine! Their shape is trashed.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give and I look forward to the education I will recieve from this site!

KCross

New in Town
No help for a new guy? Maybe you just didn't see the post...I know how these forums work, it probably just got buried.

fenris

One of the Regulars
There are a lot of hatters here... maybe you could PM them. Or do it the way I did. I made a styrofoam block and reblocked my hat on my own.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Hit the ask a question thread in the Hats Forum that is where to get your hat questions answered,and welcome to the FL KCross Also check out the Important Hat Forums thread,I would be more than glad to answer your questions but I really don't know much,good luck

Last edited:
Nice having you here, KCross.

He washed 'em in the washing machine, eh?

Well, if you wish to try your hand at hat refurbishing, you have a couple of guinea pigs at the ready, by the sounds of it. But it'll take a bit of equipment to do an even minimally satisfactory job of it, and that would very likely set you back a few bucks.

How 'bout some pictures of these rumpled wonders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats