Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check on Lost Worlds Grizzly

newtojackets

Practically Family
Hey guys,

Bought this lost worlds grizzly recently. To be honest I wasn’t expecting this to suit my build (have read that Lost Worlds and the grizzly style in particular are for bigger guys).

However, when I received it, the fit was better than I anticipated (but really really cropped).

What do you guys think, is this a keeper or a catch and release?

P.S. tshirt tucked in for Fedora Lounge approval

FC332E9F-34B5-4310-AF96-EEBB742C14F3.jpeg 61788FEB-CD79-48AA-B80D-D65F47979485.jpeg FBE2F2BA-FADB-4C56-A796-B12A13219CC4.jpeg 948DB431-449F-4B86-9BA3-60E66A1E7D3B.jpeg

willyto

One Too Many
The body lenght is perfect for this kind of jacket(I won't get tired to say that if you expect a vintage design to work with low rise trousers it won't work) but I would say that the sleeves are short on you and you would need it to be more tappered at the hem.

The hem of the jacket is very wide on your slim body. The sleeves alone would be a deal breaker for me.

I think @Carlos840 recently shared a couple pictures oh him wearing a regular Lost Worlds Suburban an one he had tappered. You could really see the difference.

newtojackets

Practically Family
The body lenght is perfect for this kind of jacket(I won't get tired to say that if you expect a vintage design to work with low rise trousers it won't work) but I would say that the sleeves are short on you and you would need it to be more tappered at the hem.

The hem of the jacket is very wide on your slim body. The sleeves alone would be a deal breaker for me.

I think @Carlos840 recently shared a couple pictures oh him wearing a regular Lost Worlds Suburban a one he had tappered. You could really see the difference.
That makes sense, the shoulders fit perfectly so it’s a shame that the jacket isn’t more tapered. May have to post this for sale

newtojackets

Practically Family
Also something worth mentioning about the sleev length, I think the shortness may be part of the design? If you see the sleeves the inner ribbed cuff is the perfect length, it’s just the outer sleeve which is shorter

Attachments

• 4EA2121C-4652-4638-8485-75DF0945542A.jpeg
    4EA2121C-4652-4638-8485-75DF0945542A.jpeg
    865.6 KB · Views: 56

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Great jacket! Not very often I see these ones from LW.

I believe the straight torso is period correct. Lots of pics of king o fur or Laskins shows a straight or rectangular torso shape. Only the old ads that are for boys shows the super taper torso like the ones Aero make which I have. There’s an very old thread that has a lot of vintage photos and ads and modern repro pics here, check it out.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/grizzly-jackets-a-fedora-lounge-guide.76647/

I personally don’t mind the shorter sleeves especially there’s the knit cuff that gives it an extra half inch. But it’s a personal choice on sleeve length.

Overall I believe it works. Very vintage and very modern at the same time.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Also something worth mentioning about the sleev length, I think the shortness may be part of the design? If you see the sleeves the inner ribbed cuff is the perfect length, it’s just the outer sleeve which is shorter
Short is good when it's tight. Wide and short looks like it just doesn't fit. But as always, completely subjective. Good thing everyone has their own taste.
Can you make the sleeves tighter?
It's a little better with the belt closed.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Short is good when it's tight. Wide and short looks like it just doesn't fit. But as always, completely subjective. Good thing everyone has their own taste.
Can you make the sleeves tighter?
It's a little better with the belt closed.
I can see where you’re coming from with the sleeves being a bit too wide. I could potentially search for someone to alter this, but I only want to do that if I know for sure I’ll keep this piece after alteration (which I still don’t know yet).

Do you know if narrowing a sleeve is usually an easy procedure?

newtojackets

Practically Family
Great jacket! Not very often I see these ones from LW.

I believe the straight torso is period correct. Lots of pics of king o fur or Laskins shows a straight or rectangular torso shape. Only the old ads that are for boys shows the super taper torso like the ones Aero make which I have. There’s an very old thread that has a lot of vintage photos and ads and modern repro pics here, check it out.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/grizzly-jackets-a-fedora-lounge-guide.76647/

I personally don’t mind the shorter sleeves especially there’s the knit cuff that gives it an extra half inch. But it’s a personal choice on sleeve length.

Overall I believe it works. Very vintage and very modern at the same time.
Really interesting thread. I am considering trying this on with some wider jeans (so the contrast is not so significant) but consensus here so far seems to be catch and release

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
I would recommend catch and release too for this one, especially since it is more than one dimension that needs fixing so it could be v costly and tailoring might not work in the end anyway - you would probably save money and reduce risk by ordering a custom jacket from scratch tbh if you really want this style?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do you know if narrowing a sleeve is usually an easy procedure?
For a professional, it probably is.
The question is whether it is worth it, since something would also have to be done on the body.
I think sell and order one according to your own measurements might be better. As others have mentioned here.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Thanks everyone, consensus seems fairly clear. I’ll give this one more shot with some wider leg trousers, but chances are I’ll have to part with this

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Sleeves too short and wide at the cuffs, also the hem of the jacket too wide. You cannot fix the short sleeves, don‘t put more money into it, catch and release imo.

On a positive side note, I very much line that the jacket is longer in the back than the front, very practical approach on a vintage styled jacket like this.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
It all depends on how you want to rock the jacket. Some people like the way it looks on you. Personally, It is a little too short for me. But remember, what matters is what you think. If you're confident and like the way in which the jacket fits you. That is all what matter in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24