Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on Schott Jacket

newtojackets

Practically Family
My friend is considering selling his jacket, and said he would give me first pick of it at a good price.

What do you guys think, should I buy it from him?
BAF9D43E-C2D8-472E-8089-02A65756B203.jpeg
45733113-0F60-44C7-B893-DA548213168D.jpeg

Damon141

Practically Family
How does it feel when you raise your arms in front of you?
In a motion like driving

Looks a bit tight in some areas hence the bunching around the collar and it seems to end a bit short on the sleeves for me, but that could be because they are not tight on the wrist.

Fit is so subjective that’s why I asked if it felt good when you try to move around. I like to try things like tying a shoe or driving or riding a motorcycle if you ride. That is a good way to see if it works.

newtojackets

Practically Family
How does it feel when you raise your arms in front of you?
In a motion like driving

Looks a bit tight in some areas hence the bunching around the collar and it seems to end a bit short on the sleeves for me, but that could be because they are not tight on the wrist.

Fit is so subjective that’s why I asked if it felt good when you try to move around. I like to try things like tying a shoe or driving or riding a motorcycle if you ride. That is a good way to see if it works.
The jacket is quite comfortable to wear, definitely doesn’t feel too tight. I also really like the sleeves on this, I don’t think I’d like it any longer.

The main thing that I’m not 100% sold on is the waist (I usually like something with a bit more taper, whereas this is somewhat straight). This is particularly noticeable when unzipped (thought somewhat noticeable when zipped too)

Damon141

Practically Family
The jacket is quite comfortable to wear, definitely doesn’t feel too tight. I also really like the sleeves on this, I don’t think I’d like it any longer.

The main thing that I’m not 100% sold on is the waist (I usually like something with a bit more taper, whereas this is somewhat straight). This is particularly noticeable when unzipped (thought somewhat noticeable when zipped too)
The waist on most Schott jackets fit most people like that. Me included. Very little chest to hem drop.
I’ve seen a couple members that have had them tapered in and they look great but that requires a special alteration expert with leather experience. Probably not cheap either

Tbh most people won’t notice and especially if you wear it open for fashion.

newtojackets

Practically Family
The waist on most Schott jackets fit most people like that. Me included. Very little chest to hem drop.
I’ve seen a couple members that have had them tapered in and they look great but that requires a special alteration expert with leather experience. Probably not cheap either

Tbh most people won’t notice and especially if you wear it open for fashion.
Makes sense, though I was actually thinking fewer people would notice when it’s zipped up as it doesn’t flare out as much

newtojackets

Practically Family
Decided to buy this in the end and so glad I did! I think I was just mentally getting used to the perfeco look, which is somewhat intimidating, but wore it a few more times and love it now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran