Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fit check schott 118

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Suerte, Gustavo! Esta bien. You have the same issue I have, we're in between sizes with Schott. I have a size 40 118 and I think I need a 39 :) 38 will be too small. What I did that helped a lot was I got the jacket wet and let it hang in the hot sun. It brought the size in about a half size. It fits pretty good now. The leather is pretty stretchy since it's so soft, so I think with this model you can go a little bit smaller and be ok. If you get 618/613, I think a 40 will fit you perfect, but the cut is different (shorter) and the leather is more of a long term reward. It will take many years to break in. If I were you, I'd wear for several months before doing anything, and then if you feel like you want a little tighter, try the wet/sun trick as I mentioned. You have to wait a few months for your summer anyway :)

BTW, I've been to Argentina so many times. Beautiful place, great food, very nice people.

Here is a photo from my IG after I shrunk it a little bit and I put the stars : ) https://www.instagram.com/p/CoOQyVtLZNp/

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm someone who usually prefers slimmer fitting leather jackets, but in this case I think this is the right size.

It's not snug, but it doesn't look too big in my eyes. One size down might look good too, but I would guess it might cause compromises in comfort.

Case in point: my Perfecto here measures like a 40. It looks great… but I basically can't move in it, so I've worn it about twice–the day I got it and the day I took that photo (and met Will from TFL!)

For about a year I wondered if I'd made the wrong choice by getting my Perfecto in a 42 (it fit great but I have a 40" chest and everyone on the forum talked about Perfectos being oversized, if anything, meanwhile I'd gone up one.) But once I wore this I realized I had definitely made the right call.

My 42 in the same pattern looks pretty much just as trim, but I have complete range of motion.

Yes - I have a half-remembered notion there's only the one shoot with Tommy in a cross-zip, falling after Rocket, and before he quit the band to produce full time - which wasn't long after that, if memory serves.

He had the opposite problem to Joey, who was too tall for most jackets, in that his slight height meant he had to wear a HD Cycle Queen for it to not be comically long.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Case in point: my Perfecto here measures like a 40. It looks great… but I basically can't move in it, so I've worn it about twice–the day I got it and the day I took that photo (and met Will from TFL!)

Slight derailment, but where did you find the restraint tool/shoulder adornment thing? I'm a huge Ramones fan, got to see them twice before they disbanded, and it took me forever to even find out what that thing on Johnny's shoulder was, never mind where to find one!

Aloysius

Slight derailment, but where did you find the restraint tool/shoulder adornment thing? I'm a huge Ramones fan, got to see them twice before they disbanded, and it took me forever to even find out what that thing on Johnny's shoulder was, never mind where to find one!

I contacted the company that makes it, as it's not sold in the US. They said to email Nordhandel (a dealer of theirs) about it (Clejuso chain Number 1), and they manually put through an order for me.

You can get the case for it that slips on the epaulette here.

Edward

Bartender

I always just assumed it was a chain.... interesting thing (and not entirely out of keeping with "The Fuhrer"'s reputation for how he bossed the band, ha....). Would probably get me lifted by plod if I sported one of those round here!

Aloysius

I always just assumed it was a chain.... interesting thing (and not entirely out of keeping with "The Fuhrer"'s reputation for how he bossed the band, ha....). Would probably get me lifted by plod if I sported one of those round here!

Both Dee Dee and Johnny used to wear them (Johnny on the left epaulette, Dee Dee on the right epaulette). You could get the leather case itself to wear as a half measure.

It's interesting how people I've met who knew the boys personally, as well as CJ who joined the band as a fan, came away with the more objective observation that Johnny's taskmaster tendencies were necessary. (He was essentially herding cats and thought it was unfair to the fans if they showed up under the influence or otherwise unable to give a proper performance.)

Edward

Bartender
Both Dee Dee and Johnny used to wear them (Johnny on the left epaulette, Dee Dee on the right epaulette). You could get the leather case itself to wear as a half measure.

It's interesting how people I've met who knew the boys personally, as well as CJ who joined the band as a fan, came away with the more objective observation that Johnny's taskmaster tendencies were necessary. (He was essentially herding cats and thought it was unfair to the fans if they showed up under the influence or otherwise unable to give a proper performance.)

Yes, to be entirely fair to him, they must have been a nightmare to get anywhere, between Marky and DeeDee's various substance issues at one time and another, and Joey's (lone time undiagnosed) OCD....

And his instincts were invariably good, I think, for the band - not least his creation of the 'uniform' that really cemented their image.

X83

One of the Regulars
Hello friends, I am from Argentina, my 118 jacket is new, bought in the NY business, manufactured in 2023, a friend brought it to me who went on a trip to the USA.
the size guide on the schott page is really accurate
since I did not trust and I asked for a size 40 plus and I really think a size 38 would fit me better, but we are in a cold autumn and I really do not know if a size 38 would allow me to wear a coat, It is a question that I can hardly clarify since In my country there is no market for this type of jacket, I would like to get a size 40 613s in the future to see if it is a more appropriate size to wear with a shirt, regards
Just got the faux collar from Schott and let me tell you this was my first jacket in my collection and it has totally changed the look

Attachments

• IMG_9139.jpeg
    IMG_9139.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 95

Edward

Bartender
@X83 Very nice. I agree, it gives the jacket a totally different vibe - less Johnny Ramone, more Johnny Thunders.

1686645374664.png

I know this isn't a Schott (whatever it is, it appears to be a ladies' model, probably a hangover from Dolls days), but this is the image that always comes to mind for with with the furry collars.

@Aloysius do Schott offer both a mouton and a faux version now, or does it vary over time? Last I looked on the website I couldn't quite tell, though at the price (closing in on $100, I think at the time) it could have been mouton. Quite fancy one of these for my 618...

Aloysius

@Aloysius do Schott offer both a mouton and a faux version now, or does it vary over time? Last I looked on the website I couldn't quite tell, though at the price (closing in on $100, I think at the time) it could have been mouton. Quite fancy one of these for my 618...

They do but the mouton has to be ordered from the repairs department; it’s not available readymade. That said, because the 618 and 118 do have an available standard size readymade faux mouton collar, I imagine you could simply ask to order one without having to send your jacket for measuring and installation.

I could be mistaken because I had the repairs department do some other work on my jacket as well, but I believe the cost for a real mouton collar was about $150. I’ll add that Schott uses a particularly nice mouton, at that. Makes me want to get a mouton jacket or coat in their sale–probably not a civilianised B-3, more something like an old fashioned shearling coat, which they offer from time to time.

jeo

One Too Many

X83

One of the Regulars
@X83 Very nice. I agree, it gives the jacket a totally different vibe - less Johnny Ramone, more Johnny Thunders.

View attachment 525088

I know this isn't a Schott (whatever it is, it appears to be a ladies' model, probably a hangover from Dolls days), but this is the image that always comes to mind for with with the furry collars.

As of now faux and it was on back order I put a preorder in and it came in about a month later it really did change my jacket I also have a 518 and p613 s and a 596 rancher and a cafecto I love them all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner