Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitting trousers?

BadMojo

New in Town
I recently purchased a NOS vintage suit. The jacket fits perfectly, as though it were made for me. The trousers will need some alteration, but I really am clueless as to exactly how the high waisted trousers should fit.

I have no idea what kind of human would fit such a suit, as the jacket is a 44, but the pants are 38's!! The person would have to be built like a bowling pin.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
That actually sounds like a normal suit. Most off-the-rack suits will have a 6-inch drop between the chest measurement and the trouser measurement.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Sounds like it would fit me! Send it on over brother!:p

The high waisted pants are to be worn an inch above your navel. Watch an episode of "I Love Lucy" and see how Fred Mertz wears his pants! You'll see what I mean.;)

=WR=

PS. WE NEED PHOTOS!! Share it with us! Show us your suit!!!;)

BadMojo

New in Town
First off, thanks for the warm welcome and the informative replies!!

My natural waist varies from 32 to 33, depending on my current level of fitness. An inch above my navel, however, is a bit broader. I'll have to measure to be exact. I'm going to take the trousers in to a tailor this week, and I feel like I've only got one shot at getting it right.

I'll get some pics taken and posted this week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley