Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Thrifties (1 remaining)

I found these hats at modest prices - sharing the wealth and the good deals. Your choice, 99 dollars delivered to your door in the continental US (a little more to Europe). My head measures 22 1/8 regular oval. Details on each hat below.

Last edited:
Dobbs Homburg

1940s hat in loden green with copper ribbon. Size 7 1/8, ample fit for me. Condition is very good overall with some discoloration on the ribbon and felt. Sweat is clean - a small water stain is seen on the silk liner. 2 1/2" brim, crown is creased to 5"

greendobbshom1.jpg

greendobbshom2.jpg

greendobbshom3.jpg

greendobbshom4.jpg

greendobbshom5.jpg

greendobbshom6.jpg

Mallory Ten Pliafelt

Warm gray felt with matching edge binding and metallic mauve ribbon and wind trolley. A size 7 that fits me comfortably. Lovely felt and styling. Embroidered Mallory markings on the liner. The hat is in very good condition, but it does have pockmarks from moth activity, most significantly on the underside of the brim.
Brim - 2 5/8", crown - 4 5/8" as creased.

malloryten1.jpg

malloryten2.jpg

malloryten3jpg

malloryten4.jpg

malloryten5.jpg

malloryten6.jpg

malloryten7.jpg

malloryten8.jpg

malloryten10.jpg

Stetson 3X Beaver Quality

OR style and dimensions - 2 3/4" brim, crown creased to 4 3/4". Olive green with matching binding, ribbon and wind trolley. Size 7. This hat is in excellent-mint condition.

stetson3X1.jpg

stetson3X2.jpg

stetson3X3.jpg

stetson3X4.jpg

stetson3X5.jpg

stetson3X6.jpg

stetson3X7.jpg

Stetson Fifteen - 3X Beaver Quality

Silver gray humburg style with matching thin ribbon binding and 2" black ribbon. Ample size 7 1/8. Brim extends 2 1/8" at front and back. Crown is creased to 5". This hat is in mint condition.

stetsonfifteen1.jpg

stetsonfifteen2.jpg

stetsonfifteen3.jpg

stetsonfifteen4.jpg

stetsonfifteen5.jpg

stetsonfifteen6.jpg

Lee Trinity Blue Label

Rich warm brown with 3/8" matching ribbon brim binding and 1.5" ribbon. Size 6 7/8 wide oval... I've conformed this hat to fit me, though it is best shortly after a haircut. Interior measures 6 1/2 x 7 1/2". Very good to excellent condition.

leetrinity1.jpg

leetrinity2.jpg

leetrinity3.jpg

Mononrr

Vendor
If the two Homburgs are available, I will take them. Dobbs loden green and Stetson 15.
Thanks,
Dave

kidroyal

New in Town
Love the Stetson 3X Beaver! I've been looking for something just like this. Seems to be difficult in 7 3/8.

Alan, is the Olive green Stetson OR style a true size 7?
And you think the Lee 6 7/8 can fit a size 7?

Jonathan,

I am between 7 and 7 1/8. The Stetson 3X will fit a size 7 head well.

I can wear the Lee but it is a snug fit. I would say it will work for a size 7 as long as the head shape is not long oval.

best,
Alan

ebonysw45

One of the Regulars
Please buy the Stetson and save me from myself :) Nothing for a size 7 for ages and all of a sudden it's raining 7s. If I didn't have 4 hats, a safari jacket and 2 sweaters from sou west coming. Must resist.

The Stetson 3X Beaver Quality is sold.

The Lee Trinity remains available. It is lonely all by itself. I will reduce it to $79. It's a great hat that will make a smaller headed fellow very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy