Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FL Quiz Game: What Hat Is This?

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
billyspew said:
Dang. This is hard. Stephen L. Stetson?

I formally nominate you for the foremost hat quiz expert.

I was going to ask, of your four speculative guesses, if you wanted to know that it was one of them, or to just know the answer.

Then you finished with your final answer.

And, din ding ding. We have a winner.

After looking at mark's hat, the stitching is a dead give away. Not sure of the age of this hat. it looks thirties or forties, but there is a plastic type of thing forming a thin band around the base of the crown. it is meant to look like leather, I think, as it has two tassles on the end. But it is definitely not leather. it seems to be that hard vinyl sometimes used to replicate a leather thong or shoe lace. any guess as to age?

By the way. This is currently on ebay. Ten percent discount for fl members. Size 6 7/8 unfortunately.

IMG_0550.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
This was one of my favorite threads ever. Surprised many others don't feel the same. I will post another couple hats to keep it going. But I warn you, one is a stumper.

Quick word of warning. Poster below has quickly identified both, so if you care to try your hand, refrain from reading it till you have tried your hand. I would like to see if any of the others can get these based on the photos.

coat012.jpg

coat011.jpg

coat011.jpg

coat009-1.jpg

coat013.jpg

coat018-1.jpg

coat018.jpg

Last edited:

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Wow. Just wow. I am impressed. Care to share the details? To be honest, I thought the Stetson would be tough, but it wasn't the one I had in mind as the stumper. But I couldn't find the pics for that one. Will have to see if I can locate them.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's the same trick I used in the other thread - (I'm using google chrome, but it's easy on IE as well) right click on a posted photo, click open in new tab (showing the url in the browser - www.photobucket.com/yourfolder/hats), back off the subfolder (leaving www.photobucket.com/yourfolder), showing your album. You can set your photobucket album to be locked, making my method unworkable, but it destroys the links you've posted everywhere.

See, cheaters do win. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran