Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flat Caps vs Irish Walking Hat?

nolifeking

New in Town
I have enough money to be either an Hanna Irish walking hat or an Harris/Hanna flat cap, and I can't decide between the two.

Can anyone give me advice?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
It rather depends on which one you want, doesn't it? If you want a warm hat, I think the Walking Hat is better. And the looks are about equal either way. It all depends on your taste.

Hal

Practically Family
It also depends, I think, on what clothes you are wearing it with. Both styles are essentially casual; to me a short jacket looks better with a cap, while the brimmed hat looks better with a knee-length or longer coat (which tallies with Blackthorn's remark on the warmth of the hat). If you're wearing neither kind of coat, either style does equally well.
Tomasso expressed interesting views on a similar topic some months ago.

Last edited:

Mystic

Practically Family
I have enough money to be either an Hanna Irish walking hat or an Harris/Hanna flat cap, and I can't decide between the two.

Can anyone give me advice?

It's a matter of preference.....but, it sounds like you are asking yourself the wrong question.

My hat experience has been not which one.....but, which one FIRST.

If you're looking at new hat prices, look around on ebay you may be able to pick up a bargin so you can afford both styles now.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
HannaIrishWalkingHat_Brown_500x.jpg

Irish walking hat.

Hanna_IrishIvy-Cap_GreyTweed_500x.jpg

Hanna flap cap

Two different hats get both.:) I have had both had to give a way my Irish walking Hat I had had since High School as it was too small. Will pick up another someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy