Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flowers In My Hair: Style and Etiquette

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
How about making barettes from more seasonal items like silk autumn leaves? Last Christmas I made a corsage and matching barette from fake holly berries and leaves. I wore the barette pulling back the left side of my hair and the corsage on my right shoulder with a vintage black sweater and a red pencil skirt to a Christmas party and received many compliments. There are a ton of items you can experiment with at the craft store, have fun!

roselily

One of the Regulars
I'm kind of with $ally, that's the sort of thing that drives me nuts.

That and young teenagers wearing spring dresses in the middle of winter.:eusa_doh:

For my autumn wedding, I had various colored roses with berries and chocolate cosmos. (And sheaves of wheat, but I didn't wear them!)

$ally

One Too Many
roselily said:
I'm kind of with $ally, that's the sort of thing that drives me nuts. That and young teenagers wearing spring dresses in the middle of winter. For my autumn wedding, I had various colored roses with berries and chocolate cosmos. (And sheaves of wheat, but I didn't wear them!)

So it's not just me?
I get so nitpicky about what I wear sometimes; I'll be ready to go, take a look in the full-length mirror, think "oh NO, no, no no, those gloves won't do", then change all the accessories a few times until I have pleased myself.
Other evenings I stumble out the door with my slip showing through the slit in my skirt and my back-buttons coming undone...

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I like going seasonal with my hair accessories. My red rose (the one in my avatar) works for all seasons, luckily...but I have to fix it, since it broke off from its clip a while back! Sad.

I also like to wear a bushel of purple grapes I made. They go on the back of the hairdo, since they would be really dorky over my ear, hehe!

Pinkie

New in Town
I agree with the seasonal accessories idea. That's the fun part of the holidays, it's special from the rest of the year. I love the idea of the holly accessories, I might have to try that myself! I found some glittery leaf sprigs at the craft store that are fairly small and I'm trying to figure out how to fashion them into some kind of hairpiece...

$ally

One Too Many
I made myself a winter hair ornament a few years ago with a tiny red ribbon, bell, and holly. Guys misinterpreted it as mistletoe though. Not a big problem back when I was younger, slender, pretty and married. A bit of a hassle with the types of men I seem to attract these days.

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Resurrecting this thread somewhat. I'm itching to wear a flower in my hair but just haven't mustered up the nerve yet. Do many of you here wear out-of-season flowers in your hair, or make up some other kinds of foliage hair accessories?

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Resurrecting this thread somewhat. I'm itching to wear a flower in my hair but just haven't mustered up the nerve yet. Do many of you here wear out-of-season flowers in your hair, or make up some other kinds of foliage hair accessories?

On this http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?26909-Flowers-in-the-hair&p=1145354#post1145354 thread there's plenty of replies about this, including mine, and yes I do wear brightly coloured tropical flowers in winter :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy