Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fondue!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
what's better than melty cheesy goodness? melty chocolate goodness, perhaps.

If you have recipes, please share them, especially if they are of the chocolate type. I'm looking for a really good chocolate fondue recipe and I know one of you Connoiseurs must have one. Thanks!

Cricket

Practically Family
I am a food network fan, big time. I found these online, and I think I am about to drool on my keyboard.
Let me know how they work if you use them.
I have never attempted fondue. But this recipe is tempting me to try.

From Tyle Florence
16 ounces chocolate (milk, dark or semisweet), broken in pieces
1/2 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup caramel topping
3 tablespoons Torani hazelnut syrup or favorite liqueur
Directions
Place all ingredients in a ceramic fondue pot over low heat. Stir constantly until the mixture is melted and smooth. Do not allow to bubble. Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods on a lazy Susan around fondue pot. Some suggestions are strawberries, bananas, apples, grapes, cherries, pound cake, marshmallows, raisins and shelled nuts. Spear with fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip, swirl and enjoy!

Check out this site too.
http://www.chocolatefonduefountains.com/chocolate_recipes.htm

The different recipes with fruit flavors sound great. Also, the white chocolate would be a neat change.

rmcel

New in Town
There is a place here in Atlanta called Dontes Down The Hatch. You have to call a couple days in advance for there chocolate fondue because all the fruit is hand picked. Also they have live jazz! One of my all time favorite places to go.

I WANT TO GO NOW! :D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
My sister gave me a vintage fondue cookbook for Christmas. I haven't tried any of them yet, but this one sounds good:

Brandied Chocolate Fondue

1 package (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 T water
2 T heavy cream
2 T brandy
1 1/2 t instant coffee
A dash of cinnamon

Combine morsels and water in a preheated warmer. Stir over heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Add remaining ingredients; stir until well blended. Sever warm.

Orange Chocolate Fondue Variation

Prepare as above, but substitute 2 T orange juice for brandy and cinnamon.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Cricket said:
From Tyle Florence
16 ounces chocolate (milk, dark or semisweet), broken in pieces
1/2 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup caramel topping
3 tablespoons Torani hazelnut syrup or favorite liqueur

This is the recipe I tried, with semi-sweet chocolate, but without the caramel topping and I used cognac (and lots of it) instead of flavored syrup. I also added some cinnamon. It was a big hit!

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran