Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Food you keep going back to, because it's just what you need right now

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Oh crepes and cidre!!! Wonderful stuff Veronica! My in-laws are from 22 so everytime we go back its gallettes (especially with andouille), crepe and cidre!

JimWagner

Practically Family
Corned beef hash with a little molasses dribbled on top, fried eggs, grits, biscuits, and good strong black coffee. What a body needs to get through the day.

Mav

A-List Customer
Chicken- fried steak and fried eggs (two, over medium), hashbrowns, and just about a full bottle of Tabasco. Tomorrow being Sunday, I'm having just that at the local greasy spoon. That, and a Clint Eastwood movie afterwards, is as close as I get to Sunday religious observance.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
oh, geez....forgot one.

my uncle is from Southhampton, UK and has converted me to what he calls "the only lunch for a real working man": two (Imperial) pints of Guinness and a scotch egg.

scotch egg: hard boiled egg covered w/ ground sausage, breaded and deep fried. cut in half and serve with Coleman's hot mustard.

Mav

A-List Customer
CopperNY said:
scotch egg: hard boiled egg covered w/ ground sausage, breaded and deep fried. cut in half and serve with Coleman's hot mustard.

Lovely. I'll take three.

Mav

A-List Customer
CopperNY said:
@Mav:

after two scotch eggs, you can actually hear the blood thickening in your veins. so tasty, so deadly.... :D
This is the sole reason they started packaging aspirin in 80 mg tabs, as blood thinners. Well, in this country, biscuits and gravy was the prime motivator.
What I really enjoy is watching the lumps in the arteries in your arms, and trying to smash them down with your thumb. But, if you simply take a nap after you eat, you don't have to worry about this.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
CopperNY said:
oh, geez....forgot one.

my uncle is from Southhampton, UK and has converted me to what he calls "the only lunch for a real working man": two (Imperial) pints of Guinness and a scotch egg.

I can't drink more than a half pint of Guinness, so does that mean I get 2 scotch eggs?

Foofoogal

Banned
I may adopt that egg as a true working woman. Sounds delicious. I am a huge breakfast eater.

I sometimes need (don't faint) beef liver and onions. Done right and always grits. Not together of course. Grits have to be done right also.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I had THE worst chicken fried steak tonight...from a local diner that I've gone to for years....:( :(

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
I had THE worst chicken fried steak tonight...from a local diner that I've gone to for years....:( :(

I've had the same disappointment: you finally find a restaurant that you really like, serves good food, amiable waiters, exceptionable cooks. After years, the cook leaves or the ownership institutes some new policy, or something, and the same dish you've enjoyed countless times doesn't even taste like the same thing.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
Foofoogal said:
I sometimes need (don't faint) beef liver and onions. Done right and always grits. Not together of course. Grits have to be done right also.

right there with you.

there's a diner in PA that does a beef liver "steak", about the size of your average sirloin. medium rare with bacon and onions on the side. accompanied by a couple hoppy pale ales to offset the mineral-ness of the liver.....heaven....

i'm a big organ/innards fan.

my grandfather used to take the heart from deer, cut it into 1" cubes and pickle it. he'd break out the jar for Christmas/Superbowl/etc.. i've never been into football, but i couldn't wait for that Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy