Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
These are still my favorite shoes, since 1990. I don't cuff, but had to show off the selvedge to prove that i still got it going on.

IMG_3761.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just pulled the trigger on the .Model – Type 2 – Size: 1892 Portage Boot - Natural CXL - 11.5

"A no brainer".

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I usually wear redwings (iron rangers, moc toes and Chelsea’s) with my jackets. However, redwings don’t have enough tread to handle the snowy Canadian winters. Currently I’m wearing Timberland boots a lot due to good sole treads, waterproofness and built in insulation. The ones I got are darker than the wheat colored ones that are popular with the RnB and rapper crowds. Also, I lace them up like boots should be laced up rather than left loosely laced.

View attachment 93837

View attachment 93836
Nice Photos, the colors really come through.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I like heritage roper boots. Really comfortable when worn in, excellent grip and flexibility, and no metal in them so you're straight through the airport.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got a pair of Ariat ropers as a birthday present last Summer. Know a guy who worked for them and he told me they have a lot of modern technology for comfort and fit. Don't know if thats just marketing. I have to put prescription orthotics in my footwear, or I also use really major insoles in all my shoes due to flat feet and plantar fasciitis:
https://www.amazon.com/Superfeet-GREEN-Full-Length-Insole/dp/B0032ALZL8

I like Ariat ropers, though they get dissed a bit on the cowboy boot thread sometimes. Took a little getting used to the square toe but I like ropers, and these are turning into one of my got to footwear.

IMG_3882.JPG

Kasper

New in Town
Got a pair of Ariat ropers as a birthday present last Summer. Know a guy who worked for them and he told me they have a lot of modern technology for comfort and fit. Don't know if thats just marketing. I have to put prescription orthotics in my footwear, or I also use really major insoles in all my shoes due to flat feet and plantar fasciitis:
https://www.amazon.com/Superfeet-GREEN-Full-Length-Insole/dp/B0032ALZL8

I like Ariat ropers, though they get dissed a bit on the cowboy boot thread sometimes. Took a little getting used to the square toe but I like ropers, and these are turning into one of my got to footwear.

View attachment 94832

I love them and I do find them really comfortable. I've previously had western boots that I found the cushioning in the sole to be pretty average, but I find Ariat's as comfortable as a sneaker when they're worn in, with excellent grip and flexibility.

I've just bought my second pair of these in black:

http://www.ariat.com.au/HERITAGE_RO...RITAGE__ROPER__M__FOO_color=CHOCOLATE#start=8

The first pair I had lasted five years, wearing them pretty much every day all day. The low heal of the ropers move away from the "cowboy" look and they present fairly conservative with a pair of pants, or a bit zippier with jeans. I wear them as my work shoes; they're excellent in the field if I have to visit construction sites or rural locations, and then I can give them a wipe off and straight into the office for a meeting in the boardroom. Even on weekends I find myself reaching for them first over the sneakers.

They do, in fact, look exactly the same as the boots you posts above and advised were your favourites :D

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I love them and I do find them really comfortable. I've previously had western boots that I found the cushioning in the sole to be pretty average, but I find Ariat's as comfortable as a sneaker when they're worn in, with excellent grip and flexibility.

http://www.ariat.com.au/HERITAGE_RO...RITAGE__ROPER__M__FOO_color=CHOCOLATE#start=8

The first pair I had lasted five years, wearing them pretty much every day all day. The low heal of the ropers move away from the "cowboy" look and they present fairly conservative with a pair of pants, or a bit zippier with jeans. I wear them as my work shoes; they're excellent in the field if I have to visit construction sites or rural locations, and then I can give them a wipe off and straight into the office for a meeting in the boardroom. Even on weekends I find myself reaching for them first over the sneakers.

They do, in fact, look exactly the same as the boots you posts above and advised were your favourites :D
Those look great to me. Nothing fancy, just basic boots, that can just about go anywhere and fit in with most clothing and environments. Sure can't beat the price either. Nice.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

Those look great to me. They are indeed just like my old Fry Ropers bought in 1990, still going strong.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
For me it's usually colour coded, black jacket black boots, not often shoes though even with A2s. My personal faves are Loake pull ons, sometimes referred to as Chelsea Boots, RM Williams, Russell and Bromley's. All basically the same designs.
i often do mix up the black and tan but it will be Black/tan alternating, the top matching the lower so brown coat brown footwear.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I try to match the color of my jacket, with my, belt, and my boots. We gotta add Hats to this thread.
My first fedora. It is called The Fedora Lounge after all. Beginner hat. Akubra Stylemaster Hat Color: Carbon Grey Size: 60

SB Memphis Shinki.

Memphis:Stylemaster.JPG

SB Memphis:Durango Packers.JPG

Durango Packers.

I'm all mixed up. Civilian biker/A-2, felt fedora, Western boots. Go figure.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
THIS... is how a grizzly should be worn - relaxed, casual, like it's just a jacket, not a costume:
TeEKwDF.jpg

This shirt is awesome! Where did you get it and what brand is it? It's got a 1960s space age and martini vibe. I want one!
2S2W999.jpg

Thank you so much for the very kind words! :) I wear that jacket so much that It really just is a normal jacket to me at this point, though maybe some people think it's a bit of a costume :/ My girl LOVES it so I always feel comfortable in it.

That shirt is one of my two favorite shirts in the whole world. I bought it in Japan this summer from my favorite brand, The Flat Head. However, I believe this is from their Real Japan Blues brand (same company.) It is actually rayon which makes it even cooler (literally). I would have to check some Japanese retailers to see if it's available anywhere.

@Superfluous nice sneakers! I have to ask what brands/models are your favorite, given your extensive sneaker collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24