Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Marvin Berry

New in Town
Shearling lined Acme harness boots that my father got new in the early-mid 70's. Worn in just right and still warm.
20240220_122105.jpg
20240220_122506.jpg

NielsLyhne

New in Town
RM Williams Gammon Chelseas.

These are my “late to an appointment” boots. So easy to slip in and out of, supple yet very grippy soles and a lot more flair to my eyes than a pair of sneakers.

I even came to like the weird yet characteristic stretch mark.

Attachments

• IMG_7245.jpeg
    IMG_7245.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7246.jpeg
    IMG_7246.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7247.jpeg
    IMG_7247.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7248.jpeg
    IMG_7248.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Indeed ! I wish mine had a stacked heel like yours though. Lovely motif on that suit.

Thanks much.

Boots are ca. two years old, after RMW have been re-bought into Australia. I have one pair by the original makers. Much less flashy but a bit better constructed.
Suit is flannel, so I am making use of the last days of winter…

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
I heard Lucchese are not worth the price point these days, is that accurate? I liked their Jonah boot in suede (the closest I can get to a cowboy boot) but I went with some roughout Tecovas Dax, much cheaper but apparently not that far away in terms of quality (made in Mexico vs made in USA helps).

barnabus

One Too Many
Not as posh as some of the footwear featured, but I got some new Solovair Monkey Boots today, and I'm pleased. My previous pair lasted forever and were my most comfortable boots - fingers crossed these have some of the same magic. View attachment 596721

Seeing a pair of monkey boots takes me right back. I used to wear monkey boots to school every day in the 80s.

Shoes always seemed to fit better and be much more comfortable back then, but I suppose it's just that forty years later my feet are old and wrecked

: (

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner