Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - Aero 1920s Work Coat, 40", Cordovan

wdw

One Too Many
Aero Premier Range 1920s Work Coat, 40" chest, Cordovan, Black Melton wool lining.

I'm selling this because I'm just not wearing it as much as I thought I would, and tend to choose my Stockman in preference, so it's time to move it on. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and has a nice worn, wrinkled look already. Although the lining is wool, it's very thin and no warmer than the usual tartan.

It's about 6 months old and has a few minor scuffs as you'd expect, all of which add to the character. I'm asking £500 inc. shipping worldwide, or £480 inc shipping to the UK. Payment by bank transfer or by Paypal, please. Or come and collect in Edinburgh or even Warrington where I'm working just now for £450.

The critical thing about the Premier Range is that it's pretty tight, so not for layering unless it's something very thin or you size up in the jacket. All the dimensions are listed below, and I'd say that although the pit-pit seems quite generous at 23", it feels tighter than my other 23" ones. I have a 40" chest and this feels very neat, possibly because of the relatively narrow shoulders. I'd recommend this for anyone with a 38-40" actual chest, depending on the fit you want. One other thing to note is that the hem feels tight too, so if you're broad on the beam, check the dimensions carefully.

Pit-pit - 23" (22.5" front panels, 23.5" back)
Back length - from base of collar 28"
Shoulders - straight across where shoulder seam meets sleeve 17.5"
Sleeves - Outer curve from shoulder seam 25", underneath from armpit 18"
Hem - 21.25"

WC1_zpsgecy6jhw.jpg

WC2_zpsrcumdkut.jpg

WC3_zpsdfc2kkat.jpg

WC4_zpsmbsqwrf7.jpg

Last edited:

patina

New in Town
Hello,

Wow, beautiful coat indeed! I was going to have one made for me. I had Aero send me two types of horsehide (Tumbled + non-tumbeled black) to decide on the leather, and I loved the traditional horsehide much better. This one is a little large for me though as I wear a 38s. Very nice jacket indeed.

- Pat

AdeeC

Practically Family
Paying by PayPal as a gift is not a good idea especially for expensive items. Buyer loses all PayPal protection in case something goes wrong. I know well, I learned the hard way. Better to pay an extra 4% to cover PayPal fees for Goods & Services instead. You can't complain to PayPal if you want your "gift" back. Nice jacket BTW.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
AdeeC, fair point aboutPaypal, so I'll amend the description. Thanks.

patina, as to size, I'm a 38" in the Stockman, Pioneer, HWM and Dustbowl, and would say that the 40" Work Coat is closest in fit to the 38" Dustbowl. Wit my 40" actual chest, the cut is too neat for layering, for me anyway, so I'd recommend this size for someone who normally layers in a 38", if they want to layer comfortably. If they don't want to layer, then this size is best for an actual 39/40" chest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran