Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale Demob Suit cc41 X209F 40-42R Navy/Chalk Pinstripe £450/offers

Jayfletcher79

New in Town
This is a lovely condition,genuine demob suit from 1945.

Given to my grandad on leaving the service, kept by him then my nan for over 70 years which I find incredible.

And to think it was going to get put into a charity shop after Nan died!

This is a Burton of London made suit with the cc41 label in the jacket and trousers.

It is the X209F which is the navy blue with chalk pinstripes.

Also comes with a pair of grey braces, not sure if they are 1940's also but they look like they belong together as they are fixed by buttons to the trousers.

The great thing about this suit is that is seems to be a fairly big size. I'm a 44R and though it's a little tight I could wear it. I would say it is more of a 40-42R though he has had the arms taken up by the look of it as they could be taken back down by 11/4 without too much problem.

They always say that these demob suits were not that great quality but it's certainly appears to be a good quality heavy wool used and there may be some imperfections in places but I've had suits 20 years ago that wouldn't be this good today.

Measurements for jacket are:

37cm wide across back of jacket

46cm from armpit to bottom of jacket

77cm top of jacket to bottom

56cm across from armpit to armpit

As you can see from the pictures it's a little tight on me but I've also got a fairly large beer belly!

The trousers fit me perfect. I'm a 38-36" waist short leg. There is a good couple of inches in the turn ups so could be made longer. Guess they are a regular length at present. The braces work well also. There is a cc41 label in the trousers also.

The trousers have come apart from the stitching at the back as you can see. I imagine my nan did this for my grandad as his waist line expanded over the years. Can easily be sown back up.

Length of trousers is 69cm from crutch

There is one small mothball area on left inside leg that needs darning. It's about half a small fingernail size and can't be seen when wearing the trousers

A wonderfully authentic demob cc41 double breasted suit.

Sizing I would say then is to fit 40-42R chest

It's been priced accordingly as I've been told by two militaria friends of mine who said its a great original piece.

Any further questions or info needed just ask.

Thanks for looking

It's up for sale on the bay for £450 but I'm open to offers of course.

Link is here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141662026053?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Item located in Suffolk,England but I can send worldwide.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24