Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - ETCHISON THIN RIBBON FEDORA NEW OLD STOCK 7 1/2

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
This fedora is from the 40s (I think). NEVER WORN, absolutely pristine. Open Road style with a teardrop crown. Chocolate brown (deeper color than photos indicate). Comes with original hatbox. $250 including shipping (CONUS).

It's difficult to find vintage fedoras in large sizes - especially in brand-new condition. I hate to let this one go, but I've never worn it outside of my closet and I need to thin the herd. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Size 7 1/2
Crown 4 1/2
Brim 2 1/4
Inner circumference 23 1/2 - 24
Opening long axis 8.25"
Opening short axis 7"

etchison%203.jpg

etchison%201.jpg

etchison%202.jpg

etchison%204.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Price dropping. My pet cat needs a root canal. $175 including shipping CONUS
This is a bargain for such a nice vintage hat. I sure wish my wallet had more in it. At the moment my wallet is committing mutiny as it is! Sorry about your Kitty Kat. I've had to pay out over $2,900 to vets for dogs the last 30 days for medical needs, so I know how that goes.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I might be interested in it sir. I run in between sizes as most 7 1/2 are just a tad too snug and 7 5/8 are too big. I've had to measure several times for some hats I had made and my head measures right at 60cm around. From your description this just may fit me and a vintage hat in that size is near impossible to find (especially in perfect condition like this one! Gorgeous hat). I am not crazy about the thin ribbon but that can be changed pretty easy I think. Sorry to hear about your cat.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I might be interested in it sir. I run in between sizes as most 7 1/2 are just a tad too snug and 7 5/8 are too big. I've had to measure several times for some hats I had made and my head measures right at 60cm around. From your description this just may fit me and a vintage hat in that size is near impossible to find (especially in perfect condition like this one! Gorgeous hat). I am not crazy about the thin ribbon but that can be changed pretty easy I think. Sorry to hear about your cat.
You could not find a better deal. I would hope you leave the ribbon work alone. That hat is going to look amazing on anyone wearing it. Keeping it true vintage is a big plus for the hat, even more so if you later wanted to sell it. With vintage hats...."Thin is in" when it comes to ribbon sizes!

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
You could not find a better deal. I would hope you leave the ribbon work alone. That hat is going to look amazing on anyone wearing it. Keeping it true vintage is a big plus for the hat, even more so if you later wanted to sell it. With vintage hats...."Thin is in" when it comes to ribbon sizes!
I don't think I could actually bring myself to change a vintage hat like this. I was just kind of thinking out loud I guess, lol. Thank you for the tip on "thin is in" for vintage :) I have never really looked really closely at true vintage hats because I have never came across one in my size before.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I don't think I could actually bring myself to change a vintage hat like this. I was just kind of thinking out loud I guess, lol. Thank you for the tip on "thin is in" for vintage :) I have never really looked really closely at true vintage hats because I have never came across one in my size before.
If it fits you should leap on it! Clean near new vintage hat, less than the cost of some of the junky moderns floating around it should be a not hard choice here. This even has it's original box, right????

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
If that were a 7 I'd have jumped on it. Jeremy, if you like it, you should grab it. You can always turn it around here -- a lot of FLers are larger sizes.

Straw Hat

New in Town
This fedora is from the 40s (I think). NEVER WORN, absolutely pristine. Open Road style with a teardrop crown. Chocolate brown (deeper color than photos indicate). Comes with original hatbox. $250 including shipping (CONUS).

It's difficult to find vintage fedoras in large sizes - especially in brand-new condition. I hate to let this one go, but I've never worn it outside of my closet and I need to thin the herd. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Size 7 1/2
Crown 4 1/2
Brim 2 1/4
Inner circumference 23 1/2 - 24
Opening long axis 8.25"
Opening short axis 7"

etchison%203.jpg

etchison%201.jpg

etchison%202.jpg

etchison%204.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads