Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Frank Lloyd Wright 'Trophy House' In L.A. The Ennis House

NicknNora

A-List Customer
What a shame that the house has not been maintained. I sure hope they find their "deep pocket" buyer who will restore this beauty.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Here are some interior photos.

interior.jpg

interior-2.jpg

french-doors.jpg

interior3-300x228.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
"it was rain that did extensive damage"

A cry uttered by virtually every FLW owner. :p

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
EXACTOmundo

kampkatz said:
Sadly, if no buyer with an endless bank account is found it may end up another derelict structure.

From what I've read & heard from architects, Wright designed homes can be an endless money pit to maintain. SAD because it looks very cool Solid Citizen [huh]

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
J. M. Stovall said:
Wasn't the house used in The Rocketeer also? There still seem to be people with money out there that could buy this if they really wanted to.

I think it was. Looking at those interior pictures, it looks a awful lot like 'Neville Sinclair's' house.

griffer

Practically Family
Went to the Guggenheim exhibit in NY on Frank Lloyd Wright yesterday.

And being the huge Blade Runner fan that I am, the state of this house and the lack of money in my bank account saddens me.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure about L.A. but here in Pennsylvania one of the homes of Frank Lloyd Wright, Fallingwater, was handed over to the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy and is now open to the public. It was fully restored and the upkeep of the home and lands are funded by the daily tours and admissions. It is absolutely breathtaking!

I wonder if they could do something like this with the one in L.A. if they cannot get a buyer...who knows [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav