Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Johnson Leathers Motorcycle, Aerial Star A-2 40

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Johnson Leathers Motorcycle. Nearly new. Worn a handful of times, twice in the rain to help break in. Smoking household. It was a custom job and paid nearly $700 for it new. $450 plus shipping. The leather and construction on this one is surreal.

-Size 40
-Horween 3.25oz Overdye Steerhide (black over brown base)
-Zip sleeves
-Brown cotton twill liner in body and sleeves
-Antique brass hardware
-Inside left pocket
-Side adjustment straps

Pit-pit: 22 inches
Shoulders: 19-19.5 (note-large shoulder measurement for a size 40; my other jackets have shoulders no larger than 18" and this fits similar to those)
Body length: 26
Sleeves: 27-27.5

Minor split at tip of side-adjustment strap:

Leather sample I received two years ago. Put through the fingernail scratching test to reveal brown base. Also note very nice grain to leather.

Up next is the Aerial Star. Also worn a handful of times (less than the Johnson). Basically new. Note an apparent horizontal crease along back panel (from shipping). Haven't worn it enough to alleviate it but it should diminish/go away altogether over time. Smoking household. Close to $600 new. $300 plus shipping. VERY nice jacket with a unique leather, graceful collar, and fine workmanship- and would keep it if I didn't think it was a hair short).

-Civil A-2 (side-entry pockets) size 40
-Russet analine steerhide (2.5-3oz?)
-Brown cotton lining in body and sleeves
-Minimal hardware (no collar snaps or ventilation grommets)
-Brass zipper

Pit-pit: 22 inches
Shoulders: 18
Sleeve: 27-27.5
Body length: 25.5

Note crease:

Close-up of leather (color a bit darker up close but looks closer to this (even reddish at times) in sunlight)

Thanks for looking.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I really hate to bump this, as the Johnson fits wonderfully but it's either the jackets or the truck's camper shell...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The Aerial Star was sold locally. The Johnson is still for sale. Price is now reduced to $400 including shipping worldwide.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The Johnson is still for sale. I love it, but sadly need the funds. It's been worn a few times since this initial listing but has been taken care of. If interested I will send updated pics.

Last edited:

trapp

Practically Family
The Johnson's jacket is a very good deal for somebody.

I've seen and handled a jacket with this same leather (the 3.5oz Horween overdye) at 1.5 years of wear and the hand and patina was out of this world. Objectively, it's as good as Aero's FQHH and I personally liked it a helluva lot better.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The Johnson's jacket is a very good deal for somebody.

I've seen and handled a jacket with this same leather (the 3.5oz Horween overdye) at 1.5 years of wear and the hand and patina was out of this world. Objectively, it's as good as Aero's FQHH and I personally liked it a helluva lot better.

Thanks. I agree with you, having tried both this and the Aero. Not that the FQHH didn't have endearing characteristics; I just prefer this steer to it (haven't tried the Aero steer, it's probably similar but thicker). It's VERY nice. The "instant patina" is this leather's selling point, but there's so much to be said about how nice it is new as well. It's elegant.

I have mixed feelings about selling it. It will be a while until
I can afford another, but at the same time I'm thinking I can use the funds from this for another I have my eye on (or pay off my debt, maybe that's smarter). Logic tells me to keep it. Can't fault the thing!

Someone please buy my Hawaiians.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Those are super nice. You keeping it was the best...it saddens me to see someone pay a lot for anything and sell it for almost nothing...you made the right choice in my book.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Those are super nice. You keeping it was the best...it saddens me to see someone pay a lot for anything and sell it for almost nothing...you made the right choice in my book.

Thanks! The Johnson got the most press here. But the Aerial Star was a sweetheart as well.

I actually took a $600 loss and gave it away. But before you cart me off to the asylum, I should explain that I gifted it to my sister's fiancee as a wedding gift. I figured I'd have to get them something expensive anyhow, so it wasn't really a loss. He's a Navy kid (will be working on an aircraft carrier) and he LOVED it. Fit him much better than me, other than the long sleeves, which I explained to him he could get them taken in. Gave him a dose of FL wisdom:

"Whatever you do, if you get it wet, don't dry it near a heat source, condition it every few years, call me if you have any questions, etc etc"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn