Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - Vintage 1950's MILAN HAT BODY (unfinished) SZ 7 1/4 - 7 3/8

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Up for sale is a beautiful vintage Milan hat body. I bought this hat to redo for myself but unfortunately it turned out to be too big. It was a 1950's Champ. I steamed it back to open crown (it was a tall porkpie at one time). All it needs is a sweatband and ribbon and you can have a wonderful vintage Milan instead of the inferior Milan made today.

The measurements are as follows:

Open Crown: 6 inches tall

Brim: 2 1/4 inches wide

Hat Opening: 8 x 6 5/8 (23 inches in circumference WITHOUT SWEATBAND)

I'm asking $40 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Would this go to work for a 7 1/2LO? Please let me know, thank you very much.

It would need to be re-blocked. The straw is soft and very malleable when steamed. Right now its 23 inches in circumference without the sweatband. For it to work with a 7 1/2 LO, it would need to be reblocked to somewhere around 24 inches in circumference without a sweatband. It can probably be done, but your going to sacrifice some brim width or crown height to do it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Drats! I was hopeful maybe to get lucky as the brim is already on the short side of things. Clean and so nice. i am amazed as it is, this has not found a new home.....have no clue why anyone that can wear a straight away 7 1/4 to 7 3/8 would not have been fighting to own this one.....honestly any time I observe anything you put up for sale I look at. You always have super clean and near 100 percent perfect items for sale....

Winter may be around the corner, but really this is the time to find gems just like this and have them all done up right and tidy for this next summer season.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words. I am really unsure why this hasn't been snatched up yet. Its a great hat body, I just have way too many projects going on at the moment to finish it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav