Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For some, the ultimate leather jacket auction?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Very cool. Beatle boots too. I am going to watch auctions these as I want to get thier autographs someday.
True story: during The Beatles New Zealand tour - 1964, I think - my dad was asked to chauffeur them from the airport to the hotel. He said that the crowds were so close and so heavy outside the hotel that the car he was driving was pushed sideways as he tried to get them to the door. After returning to the airport to pick Brian Epstein (my dad said that his first comment on getting into the car was "my boys, I must get to my boys!" He had to wait in the hotel for them to go to the gig, and when they came down to the foyer, he handed them a piece of hotel-headed paper and asked for their autographs, which they duly signed. Upon returning to Scotland these were gifted to my aunt, but they vanished, apparently lost during a house move.
One day, about seven or eight years ago, my dad received a call from his sister telling him that she had been clearing out the attic and found an old handbag inside of which was the original piece of paper with the signatures still clearly visible on them. They're now framed and on a wall.
Just to bring this back to the thread: I'm guessing, given the boys' amphetamine habit in Hamburg, that's going to be one slim-fitting jacket!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Sloan1874, you are able to come up with more interesting anecdotes than anyone else on the FL. I tip my fedora to you!

Edward

Bartender
Just to bring this back to the thread: I'm guessing, given the boys' amphetamine habit in Hamburg, that's going to be one slim-fitting jacket!

Ha! I'll bet! Then there's the fact Harrison was just a little boy of seventeen when they first went out there. I wish someone had recorded the Veatles back in those days, when they were still rock and roll.

majormajor

One Too Many
Ha! I'll bet! Then there's the fact Harrison was just a little boy of seventeen when they first went out there. I wish someone had recorded the Beatles back in those days, when they were still rock and roll.

They did. Unfortunately, they weren't very good......;)

[video=youtube;NJ96iauNG24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ96iauNG24[/video]

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Check out www.beatlesautographs.com. According to online auctions, your autographs could be worth a few thousand dollars.
A Friend has the 'With the Beatles' album signed in the 1960s, apparently they are all the corrects signatures. And it's for sale!
The Beatles were well known for signing each others autographs in fans books etc, the fan club even had the typists signing them in block lots to send out(Was in a newspaper feature a few months back, Daily Mail I think)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Had a look at the auction site, not my style at all . The only thing going for it is whom it belonged to.
Looks like something Fonzie would wear.
Just my opinions[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran