Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those of you in DFW

branmac

New in Town
Sorry for not posting quicker, I somehow overlooked the thread at first. Up her in McKinney We had som decent wind and minor hail but that was all. For those outside the area, McKinney is a suburb of dallas. About 20miles north of 635.
As a secondary note, Hello all, this is my first post here in the lounge. What a great place you have here.

doghouse

One of the Regulars
I'm glad all of you guys are safe. :) I'm a Dallas native myself, glad to see so many other loungers from the area. I currently live about 2 1/2 hours east of Dallas. We got lucky and all the storms disapated into pretty much nothing about 10 minutes before they hit. My neighbors were at the Nascar race though. They said it was mad chaos. Hundreds and hundreds of people freaking out and hiding in the restrooms.

I hope to meet all of you guys soon.. it's pretty lonely for my husband and I.. we know no one interested in vintage in sad ol' Texarkana.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
RaasAlHayya said:
I work in one of the Galleria Towers. Shall we meet up in July?

--Leslie

HQ is there, but they usually confine us to a hotel conference room. This time it was the Doubletree. They usually have our day scheduled from 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. while we're there.... but if I get "free time"..... who knows!! :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Babydoll said:
HQ is there, but they usually confine us to a hotel conference room. This time it was the Doubletree. They usually have our day scheduled from 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. while we're there.... but if I get "free time"..... who knows!! :)

i'm at a training session in Lincoln Center. no rental car, which means i'm confined to the hotel and the training center, which are connected and don't even require me to go outside. OOF! it's gonna be a long, boring week. my training runs from 9-4:30 or 5 every day and then dinner + tv + bed. booooring!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
i'm at a training session in Lincoln Center. no rental car, which means i'm confined to the hotel and the training center, which are connected and don't even require me to go outside. OOF! it's gonna be a long, boring week. my training runs from 9-4:30 or 5 every day and then dinner + tv + bed. booooring!

EW!! I had to spend two weeks (not in a row, thank goodness!!) at Lincoln Center, and it was HORRIBLE!!! (I could feel a huge evil feeling whenever I went into my room. :mad:) Fortunately, the shuttles will take you to the Galleria if you like. Go and have dinner at the Grand Lux. Mmm.

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Babydoll said:
EW!! I had to spend two weeks (not in a row, thank goodness!!) at Lincoln Center, and it was HORRIBLE!!! (I could feel a huge evil feeling whenever I went into my room. :mad:) Fortunately, the shuttles will take you to the Galleria if you like. Go and have dinner at the Grand Lux. Mmm.

Didn't you know? The Lincoln center is HAUNTED!

Kidding! :p

--Leslie

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
RaasAlHayya said:
Didn't you know? The Lincoln center is HAUNTED!

Kidding! :p

--Leslie

One of my co-workers is an ordained Catholic priest. He said that he felt the round mirror on the wall was the Portal to Hell, tried to removed it (bolted to the wall!), tried to cover it (towel wouldn't stay in place!), so he performed an exorcism on the room.

Seriously creepy.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
so strange.... i just feel it's evil because of it's big nasty corporate feel. i kindof like the round mirror....

cemetarian

Vendor
Oh Oh........the towel wouldn't stay on the mirror cause the mirror is on the ceiling.............BWAHAHAHA...sorrrrry couldn't resist that one..........

Waving at the McKinney person............we were there Sat.......stopped downtown for a few minutes.........then hit Apprecios (check spelling) for a quick beer and headed north......

For the non locals...Sherman is 65 miles north of Downtown Dallas........

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
So, how are the DFW FLers faring the storm this week? The nasty stuff is still west of Fort Worth. We're hoping the tornadoes dissipate quickly.

--Leslie

Sunny

One Too Many
The tornadoes were supposed to be right on top of where I work, but I didn't see anything coming in this morning. At home in south Arlington, we got a grand total of 0.25" rainfall for the day. :eusa_doh:

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, we're okay here. The first storm, we took our cars to the Parks Mall to keep the hail off and then went into shelter at the mall since there were reports of a tornado a few miles away.

If any of you come into the DFW for business or pleasure, let's see if we can get together. Would be fun!

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Lee and I met up with KittyT when she was in town last week, and we had a blast!

Dallas can be fun! (When it's not a million and three degrees outside.)

--Leslie

anabolina

A-List Customer
RaasAlHayya said:
Lee and I met up with KittyT when she was in town last week, and we had a blast!

Dallas can be fun! (When it's not a million and three degrees outside.)

--Leslie
I kinda like it best when its so hot and humid you can't breathe.

Anyway, its weird, I was listed to my mp3 player and playing games/ writing my term paper on my laptop that Friday night and didn't notive a thing. I did go out right before it started hitting my area and was wondering why all those people were stopped under the overpasses, I get it's good to pay more attention to that stuff. I was seriously surprised when I got to work the next day and one of my coworkers was talking about how freaked out she got and I was like, huh?

Sunny

One Too Many
80 mph winds - Everyone okay?

I was at UTA throughout yesterday's storm, so I was fine, but Johnson Creek appeared to run 6-8' above normal. The debris it left was nearly into the Mitchell/Pecan intersection.

My home in south Arlington was without power until 6:40 this morning. I understand the Parks Mall either wholly or partially lost power. A third of a Bradford pear tree fell on our neighbor's car, and a big old post oak at the church a hundred yards away snappd off at the ground. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80