Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formal Morning Day Wear And Semi - Formal Morning Day Wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trapped

New in Town
I know almost all THE basics for men. ONLY a lil' bit ABOUT THE LADY counterparts. I know What LADIES SHOULD Wear to Black Tie EVENTS And White Tie Events. All are Eveningwears. I know What LADIES SHOULD Wear for Informal Wear. POWER Suits. Pant Suits. Skirt Suits And all to compliment the gentlemen's lounge suits And business suits.

Have NO ideas whatsoever ON What a LADY SHOULD Wear for Morning daytime Formal EVENTS to compliment THE gentlemen's Morning coat DRESS And for Morning Daytime Semi - Formal EVENTS to compliment THE gentlemen's strollers. I Hope you guys can enlighten me ON THESE things. I Hope I can get THESE licked IN a few days. In DETAILS :)

trapped

New in Town
Pictures WOULD BE NICE. Also THE difference between the LADY equivalent OF THE morning coat DRESS And THE LADY equivalent OF THE strollers :)

brendanm720

One of the Regulars
IIRC, Ladies' formalwear is a little more fast and loose than Mens' formalwear, and I am by no means an expert, but here is what I recall.

Evening Wear:

Formal (White Tie Equivalent)
Full-length (covers ankles) elegant ball gown or evening dress. The rules about the construction of the dress not too restrictive, so you can see anything from spaghetti straps to full sleeves, lots of clevage to none, et cetera. The dress should be made from the same sorts of fancy fabrics you'd see in a prom or bridesmaid dress (Satin, Chiffon, Taffeta, et cetera). If you can see the Queen in it at an evening event, then you're probably on the right track. Some people say no short sleeves, but I've seen pictures of ballgowns with short sleeves, so... YMMV.

Shoes should be stain, suede, or leather heels with no open toe or heel.
Sheer Hose
Small clutch bag.
Long White (kid leather if you can find it) gloves
Shawl/wrap is optional

Semi-formal (Black Tie Equivalent)
The dress should be along the same lines as the Formal dress, however, it only needs to be long enough to cover the knees.

Shoes are the same as above, but can have open toes/heels.
Gloves are optional. (I may have this wrong)
All other accessories are pretty much the same.

Smart Casual ("Dark Lounge Suit" Equivalent)
The dress should be something along the lines of a "little black cocktail dress". The dress can (depending on materials and construction) double as a semi-formal dress, with accessories changing to dress it up or down as needed.

Accessories are ladies' discretion.

Day Wear

Formal (Morning Dress Equivalent)
The dress should be along the same lines as an evening gown, but should be more modest (e.g. shoulders covered, sleeves) and made of a cloth that is not shiny or sheer. The color should be brighter (especially in the summer), and black should be avoided unless the event calls for it.

If the dress is sleeveless, a shawl/wrap should also be worn.

The accessories follow the same rules as above.

Semi-formal (Stroller or Stresseman Equivalent)
This is essentially the same as semi-formal evening dress, but with the same modesty, fabric, and color guidelines as the Daytime Formal Dress.

Accessories follow the same rules as above.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
IIRC, Ladies' formalwear is a little more fast and loose than Mens' formalwear, and I am by no means an expert, but here is what I recall.

Evening Wear:

Full-length (covers ankles) elegant ball gown or evening dress. The rules about the construction of the dress not too restrictive, so you can see anything from spaghetti straps to full sleeves, lots of clevage to none, et cetera. The dress should be made from the same sorts of fancy fabrics you'd see in a prom or bridesmaid dress (Satin, Chiffon, Taffeta, et cetera). If you can see the Queen in it at an evening event, then you're probably on the right track. Some people say no short sleeves, but I've seen pictures of ballgowns with short sleeves, so... YMMV.

Sheer Hose
Small clutch bag.
Shawl/wrap is optional

The dress should be along the same lines as the Formal dress, however, it only needs to be long enough to cover the knees.

The dress should be something along the lines of a "little black cocktail dress". The dress can (depending on materials and construction) double as a semi-formal dress, with accessories changing to dress it up or down as needed.

Day Wear

The dress should be along the same lines as an evening gown, but should be more modest (e.g. shoulders covered, sleeves) and made of a cloth that is not shiny or sheer. The color should be brighter (especially in the summer), and black should be avoided unless the event calls for it.

This is essentially the same as semi-formal evening dress, but with the same modesty, fabric, and color guidelines as the Daytime Formal Dress.

I think you about have that covered, good job as I would have stated really about the same. One aspect to always follow in all this is no "Lady" should have a dress or gown that is going to expose too much "up top" in the settings you suggested. At least that is how I would dress in the given situations.

trapped

New in Town

Evening Wear:

Sheer Hose
Small clutch bag.
Shawl/wrap is optional

Day Wear

I get it. Guys wear morning dress / morning coat. Women wear modest but bright - coloured dress. Probably top it off with a fancy hat. Still I don't get the lady counterpart of / for the stroller. What'so the difference? Pictures would be much appreciated. Please help you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner