Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum insuts My view:-

Louise Anne

Suspended
I do not post in this part of the F/L , I decide this was a important point to bring up.

I think there was a insult targeted at me in the powder room over night ! then do not worry you little socks off at all! I am a lot stronger than that.

My point is:-

An open letter to who it may concern to read :

I just said on another forum that when some one was having a go at me on a forum , it actually works to my advantage that I can turn it around to my advantage.
the truth is it gets me a lot of good PR from stuff like insults, and always a support from other members often by Private Message if not in the main forum.

An example of this is that on another forum a makeup artist come under fire for something she said, so we talked about it by PM and the outcome is that we are trying to arrange to work together something in the future.
If that insult had not been made in the first place we would never have chatted together.
So in short when some one places a insult on a forum they think they been clever but infarct they are often helping other in some way and doing the opposite to what they were setting out to do.

or it can just make the community stronger all round !

I do not want to say any more.

Louise Anne

Suspended
I stand by my last comment "Makes the community stronger all round !"

Let's face you do not have to agree with every thing or every one all the time, that's what community or a forum is all about, there are ways to carry on in them, or not

I stand by my last comment "Makes the community stronger all round !" Let's face you do not have to agree with every thing or every one all the time, that's what community or a forum is all about, there are ways to carry on in them, or not
Some of my best friends - both in the real world and online, began with a scuffle of words. I don't like too much nannying - but many in this place get offended by little things, so it's not the best place to practice this. Many folks don't like honesty - or just aren't used to it. I prefer it, and take the consequences...

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I don't think it's that people don't like honesty. I think it's that sometimes they don't like the way the honesty is put out there. There are different ways of making a point. Some of them are more diplomatic than others.

I do not post in this part of the F/L , I decide this was a important point to bring up.

I think there was a insult targeted at me in the powder room over night ! then do not worry you little socks off at all! I am a lot stronger than that.

My point is:-

An open letter to who it may concern to read :

I just said on another forum that when some one was having a go at me on a forum , it actually works to my advantage that I can turn it around to my advantage.
the truth is it gets me a lot of good PR from stuff like insults, and always a support from other members often by Private Message if not in the main forum.

An example of this is that on another forum a makeup artist come under fire for something she said, so we talked about it by PM and the outcome is that we are trying to arrange to work together something in the future.
If that insult had not been made in the first place we would never have chatted together.
So in short when some one places a insult on a forum they think they been clever but infarct they are often helping other in some way and doing the opposite to what they were setting out to do.

or it can just make the community stronger all round !

I do not want to say any more.

We've all been there. The high-road is a tough one. But if it was easy everyone would be doing it. However, if it happens again just pull rank on them by join date or post count. If they have a lower post count than you just call them out for being a newb.

But you'll have to excuse me, I am fixated on the hipster blog thread.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that people don't like honesty. I think it's that sometimes they don't like the way the honesty is put out there. There are different ways of making a point. Some of them are more diplomatic than others.
Indeed. Some days are better than others. Some just want compliments though. Just wait until the "you got a trophy for showing up" kids grow up. That scares me.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sorry to hear this Paul. You're a great person and I've always enjoyed your posts in the Powder Room. :) I love your positive attitude about it, and you're right- the negativity of others can make us stronger and better.

The only person that bigotry makes weaker is the bigot. Which is probably why this bigot chose to steal someone's identity- they were already a weak and spineless person to begin with.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Thank you for your words of support, I have run into trouble on other forums this month, I cannot help feeling that it has something to do with my vintage web site which I have dusted off again after several years of keeping the address very quiet.

TomS

One Too Many
I'm sorry that you had to endure that nonsense. I would have hoped those days were in the rearview mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy