Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Upgrade -- POST ANY ISSUES HERE

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
This may change, but try to post and break the lounge as-is. Also, this all may disappear tonight as I run another upgrade.

Talbot

One Too Many
I really enjoy the lounge as is. Having said that, I often wonder what a dark gray background would look like instead of black.

Thanks all.

T

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Sometime soon, we will have multiple styles to choose from. One will be light text on dark background, and another will be dark text on a light background.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've always liked what we currently have. If we're given the option, I would hope that we are able to set any changes in our profile prefrences so that we can choose back and forth without actually altering everyone's view. [huh]

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh, and I've also noticed that the brown folder to the right of a thread (which used to indicate someone had responded to your post) is showing up for threads I haven't even looked at.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I happen to really like the new update. Apparently, we can have social groups and page visitor messages now, too. One thing I've noticed is that the quick chat box feature in a thread is gone now.

JimWagner

Practically Family
One of the things I think I'm seeing is that when you mark a forum read it's no longer taking you automatically back to the list of forums. Didn't it do that before the upgrade?

Talbot

One Too Many
Its probably O/T, buuut,

I just wanted to express a heatfelt thanks to all the people that give up thier time to bring us the lounge, and the time spent keeping it running as smoothly as possible.

Thanks

Talbot

Derek WC

Banned
And I agree, too. The white frames are very hard to read.

I don't want to complain, but it's kind of bugging me too.

I certainly don't take your guy's work for granted, and thank you for all of what you are doing to further improve this already great establishment.

Just thought of something. Perhaps if you made the frames a dark grey it wouldn't be so hard on the eyes and it would still be there. I am assuming it was put there to make it easier to tell who's post is from who's.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, Nathan and all for keeping up with everything!

I agree re:the white borders. It's pretty distracting and kind of hurts my eyes [huh]

randooch

I'll Lock Up
White borders don't stand out to me. They're more faint than the print itself, for sure. The idea of a softer background color than black is intriguing, though, or a less contrasting text color, one of the two.

It's been said before, yet STILL bears repeating: thanks thanks thanks for all your efforts. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran