Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOUND! Wanted: Formal Attire Accessories

Annixter

Practically Family
I'm compiling my first 1940s dinner jacket ensemble and that I'd ask see if the community has anything to offer. As a disclaimer, this is a budget build, so I'm not looking for anything in the high-dollar range. I just thought I'd see if anyone had some leftovers they don't wear anymore.

I'm looking for a black grosgrain bow tie, either adjustable or sized. I'm a thin-neck at 14.5." I prefer a single-end, but I would take a double.

I'm looking for black cufflinks and shirt studs and white mother of pearl collar stays. The cufflinks and shirt studs don't have to match, and I'm interested in the individual sets also and not just one full set.

I'm looking for a pair of laced black dress shoes, sized 7.5D. They can be tuxedo specific or plain cap-toe, but should have leather soles. Something along the lines of Allen Edmonds or similar would be nice, although Florsheim or the like would work.

Feel free to throw out any eBay listing you might stubble across. There are plenty of fastener auctions out there, and a couple shoe options, but bow ties are apparently more difficult to find at reasonable prices. I'd rather keep my money in the Lounge community if I can. Thanks!

Annixter

Practically Family
Thanks. I wanted to see if Lounge members had any of the stuff before I went the eBay route, although I have a list of auctions that will get me almost everything. Interestingly enough, I'm having trouble locating any used white mother of pearl collar studs.

I just purchased a 1950s single-sided silk pique bow tie new from Britain. If anyone wants a line for them, the seller has more than 10, each at a very reasonable price.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Last edited:

Annixter

Practically Family
Excellent Marc. Thanks. It looks like that auction might be the ticket. There reaches a point where my mind overlooks auctions after digging through a couple hundred.

I just won a set of matching white mother of pearl cufflinks and shirt studs dated to the 1960s. They have a subtle art-deco cut to them, so I think they will pass with the 1920s dinner jacket until I can find a vintage set I like. There's a pair of shoes closing soon that I hope to win.

Annixter

Practically Family
I won a pair of like-new Allen Edmonds patent leather shoes for a great price. Aside from the collar studs, which I hope to win in the above auction in a few days, everything is covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff