Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Armani jacket scam (Anyone have this great opportunity yet?)

Subvet642

A-List Customer
der schneider said:
I was working late one night, and as I was leaving an atractive young lady asked if I had change for a hundred $ bill. I saw two guys hiding in the shadows. I laughed and said "do you think I would be working so late if I had any money at all." I had a firm grip on my glock model 23 as I made my way to my car.

I tell people that I have direct deposit and a wife, I don't even know how much I make. :p

I got hit up by that s.o.b too. About a month ago on lex and 23rd. I'm in a rush but being the good NYer that I am, I take about ten minutes to give him the best directions to the Holland so he wouldn't get lost. Then he tries to sell me three crappy Armani jackets. I learned my lesson once, and yeah, it was from those guys in the white van selling speakers. :eusa_doh:

celtic

A-List Customer
Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping.

Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don’t be naive enough to think it couldn’t happen to you or your friends.

Here’s how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say ‘No’ and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds. You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen March 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th & 29th. Also April 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 30th, three times last Saturday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Wal-mart has wallets on sale for 2.99 each.

(sorry, bad joke, but this thread made me think of it)

Subvet642

A-List Customer
celtic said:
Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping.

Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don’t be naive enough to think it couldn’t happen to you or your friends.

Here’s how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say ‘No’ and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds. You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen March 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th & 29th. Also April 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 30th, three times last Saturday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Wal-mart has wallets on sale for 2.99 each.

(sorry, bad joke, but this thread made me think of it)

lol lol lol lol lol lol

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey Carlisle, there's some pretty good tongue-in-cheek going on in this thread, so do you really mean it? That you bought from them with no prob?

I am one who by nature backs away from these types (especially if it involves going to an ATM for more money - that can be more than a scam, that can be downright dangerous) but sometimes we suspicious types rip ourselves off more than the sellers would have.

I think it's the subtrifuge that bothers us. It might go better for these guys if they just came out with, "Hey, I'll sell you three great jackets for $XXX. You can't beat that deal! Whaddya' say?"

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I figured you mist be kiddin' but there's not much subtlety to be able to pick up on in here in the internet. Besides, I got two great leather jackets and one Christian Dior blazer the other day at thrift stores for $28.00 total. I'll stick with that approach...

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Subvet642 said:
I tell people that I have direct deposit and a wife, I don't even know how much I make. :p

But that's the truth. I don't make any money at all. I work, I come home and the heat is on in the winter, cold in the summer, food in the fridge and the internet works. I'm not sure how it all goes on. But I'm fed, clothed and comfortable. I don't pay any bills. My money comes in, my money goes out and I just live happily ever after. Steal my wallet and you'll be disappointed. At MOST a hundred bucks. And not even a lousy credit card. The CC I keep in the glove box of my truck. It's there if I need it. I don't even have an ATM card.

Matt

Subvet642

A-List Customer
MPicciotto said:
But that's the truth. I don't make any money at all. I work, I come home and the heat is on in the winter, cold in the summer, food in the fridge and the internet works. I'm not sure how it all goes on. But I'm fed, clothed and comfortable. I don't pay any bills. My money comes in, my money goes out and I just live happily ever after. Steal my wallet and you'll be disappointed. At MOST a hundred bucks. And not even a lousy credit card. The CC I keep in the glove box of my truck. It's there if I need it. I don't even have an ATM card.

Matt

That sounds like me, but I wish I had a hundred bucks! lol

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i was standing out in front of my grandmothers house and a guy drove up and offered me a pizza for $5...don't know if that counts for anything...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters