Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers leather jackets

Rm759

New in Town
I was in the Real McCoys store in Tokyo 2 days ago and the J24's were 250000 Yen. ($1650USD)
I couldn't believe the price.
They had one of each size except my size, 42. J100 the same. Freewheels only had 4 jackets. Very nice guy there.
Americaya has a lot of Aero cxl and a few vanson. Schott was loaded with their horse hide jackets.

cbez

One Too Many
Mulholland is a very nice jacket with even better marketing/hype. Supply and demand. Personally I think the leather is not that interesting.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
The Mulholland is the most uncomfortable jacket I've ever owned, and the zipper disintegrated without any misuse - but I've told this story before so I'll pipe down

Mich486

One Too Many
I visited three or four RMC stores in Japan, they all full size ranges of each and every model in stock. It certainly didn't look like they were flying off the shelves.
Well all I know is that if I go on their jp website and look in the leather jacket category 38s and 40s are largely sold out for the styles I like. But yes real mccoys is less niche than other brands. Don’t forget that abroad you also typically find a fraction of their full catalogue.

Some brands (also workwear/workwear adjacent) trust me they are barely know outside of Japan and they sell out domestically there very very quickly.

Personally, kind of tired of all these hardcore Japanese repro brands… much prefer something like Orslow, old Joe etc.

Cskarev

New in Town
Wearing my Brakeman in canyon brown.
J50A8549.jpeg
View attachment 608317 View attachment J50A8587.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner