Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Catalog Scans: Belle Jardiniere

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah. If I had this jacket my enemies should carry silver bullets. ;)
In the "Vintage Menswear- A collection from the vintage showroom" book there are some similar jackets with different animals on the buttons. Boars, phesants and deer. But the wolf is far more badass.

Flat Foot Floey

tumblr_mg8yev9hJi1s10idho1_500.jpg

Another snappy french scan popped up. Very similar jacket with the zipper plus a shawl collar cardigan and a great sports shirt. Damn, I am addicted to stuff like this.

Source:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/april-mo/8026086180/

Flat Foot Floey

The "Blouse de sport" on the previous page is made from "tricot laine" which would be some knitted wool fabric as far as I know.

Last edited:
It's made using a special form of knitting. From wiki:

Tricot knitting

Tricot is a special case of warp knitting, in which the yarn zigzags vertically, following a single column ("wale") of knitting, rather than a single row ("course"), as is customary. Tricot and its relatives are very resistant to runs, and are commonly used in lingerie.

The "Blouse de sport" on the previous page is made from "trikot laine" which would be some knitted wool fabric as far as I know.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
some scans from a French 1900-1945 book:

1923:

1923_zpse3f56f3f.jpeg

1926:

1926_zpse6f73516.jpeg

1934:

1934_a_zps594f73c4.jpg

1934_b_zps2427934c.jpg

1941:

1941_zps4b8809c6.jpeg

and a vintage illustration (same signature as 1934b above ?) used on a modern magazine cover:

url_zpsf57c0176.gif

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
1934_a_zps594f73c4.jpg

I really dig these French illustrations. They exude an elegance and liveliness that is unmatched by the German tailoring and catalog illustrations.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I can't say i'm a fan of the way the golfers are wearing plus-4s (or plus-2s) with spats. i find that a little over the top.

Flat Foot Floey

Great jacket. I prefer wool/leather jackets to all leather anytime. Did you buy it in France or UK?

For some reason I just won some french 30s catalogs on ebay. Don't even know how they came in my wish list :whistling ...uhm...

Flat Foot Floey

But this one does fit you? Great catch!

I have not been in France since I was a kid. Maybe 20 years ago? From germany it is not that far away but I forgot all the frenc I learned in school.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Floey and others thank you for adding more to this thread! In the next week or so I might have more scans done and will post them as I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy