Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

From 62-year-old Hat Life, interesting mention of Adam hats...

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
I've got a copy of the Aug. 1943 Hat Life (in very good shape).
detail

In it is a summary of the state of hats in the decades prior to publication. I'll include the '20s, '30s and '40s summaries here. An earlier thread asked about Adam hats. In the blurb on the '30s, Adam is credited with a "new" marketing strategy to hold down the price of hats.
detail

detail

detail

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Adam Hats

Adam Hats was a big name in the 1940's and 50's . They had their own stores :cool2: throughout the USA . They spent money on advertising on the radio and print ads . Their hats were sold to the working class while names like Cavanagh and Dobbs were to the upper elite . By the way , where did you find that old Hat Life ?

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
I got the Hat Life by auction...

I found it searching one of the more obscure name parameters while looking for fedoras. I think I paid $7 for it.

I'll continue shooting interesting parts of it and posting them. I found the listing of the "Advisory Board" intriguing because I was able to put so many of the men (they'll all guys) with the names I've become familiar with searching for hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff