Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

From the Daily Mail

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I don't know what to make of this article.
The guy says that he was 'going over the top alone' by wearing a hat, and that all other hat wearers were fashionistas or hipsters. I'm not. Just because he didn't notice me (and other Lounge members), doesn't make him a martyr.
I think he's a little 'precious' about his hat wearing.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I really enjoyed that article, it is how I feel everyday. I am somebody that doesn't necessarily want to stand out, but hats automatically do that so it has helped me grow as a man actually.

I really enjoyed that article, it is how I feel everyday. I am somebody that doesn't necessarily want to stand out, but hats automatically do that so it has helped me grow as a man actually.

Dittos here as well, Matt. It does seem to have a civilizing influence on me. I'm always wrestling with my inner vulgarian.

As far as nomenclature, isn't the European or English definition of trilby a bit different from our own? We think of trilbies as the shorter brimmed, smaller hats, but isn't the term a little more general over there?

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great article! He really touched on some goods points that I can definitely relate to as far as hat wearing in general. He wears his "trilby" well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo