Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1950s Grenfell/Ventile Cycling Jacket

Dave E

One of the Regulars
I bought this a while ago here at the Lounge: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ile-Grenfell-fabric-1950-s&highlight=grenfell

Lovely jacket, but comes up shorter in the arms than I'd like.

Measurements are:
Armpit to Armpit 21.5" (54.5cm)
Armpit to cuff 17" (43cm)
Collar back to bottom hem 25" (64cm)
Across shoulders (dropped shoulder) 18" (45.5cm)

I think it would suit someone in the 36-38" area.

With apologies for the bad photos:

20141102_170716_zpsuyyfd5ja.jpg

20141102_171007_zpse2bdwaeq.jpg

20141102_171031_zpsrgaqc4ps.jpg

I'd like £50 posted, please. Cheque preferred, but I'll take Paypal if the fees are covered.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Grenfell cloth??? Amazing! Grenfell rugs were made by the folks up in Greenland-and are worth a pretty penny-
they're pretty cool rugs-pictorial, usually small rectangles about 3ft long; most of them are signed/tagged, and
are collectors' items to treasure-I've had a few, let 'em go, and would love to find another.
My reason for the response is not only the very odd coincidence of the names, but the jacket it's own self is
a real dandy!! Dave-if you don't NEED to sell it-hang on to that smart number-going to be worth quite a bit
in the near future, if my reckoning is right.
Great seeing such a good item popping up-and not the usual hat or leather pilot's jacket...

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Lovely though it is, I'd rather it went to someone who would wear it. It doesn't deserve to just sit in a closet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy