Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 2 Akubra Fed IVs in UK

Dave E

One of the Regulars
I have two Akubra Fed IVs that I bought from new, but no longer wear. Both are marked as size 58, but both have shrunk down to a measured 56.5, so now too small for me. (I learned my lesson and bought larger sizes to replace these!)

First is a Tawny Fawn:
PqVVTw1.jpg

DxjBkvW.jpg

0wxIzEg.jpg

Second is a Carbon Grey:

kbjsc7b.jpg

0FfoNZ2.jpg

gLsEDNn.jpg

Both are in excellent condition, save for the shrinkage, and the usual Akubra quality. They come from a pet and smoke free household.

I'd like £55 posted for each, please, ideally by cheque or bank transfer. Paypal is OK if the fees are picked up.

Been

New in Town
I have two Akubra Fed IVs that I bought from new, but no longer wear. Both are marked as size 58, but both have shrunk down to a measured 56.5, so now too small for me. (I learned my lesson and bought larger sizes to replace these!)

First is a Tawny Fawn:
PqVVTw1.jpg

DxjBkvW.jpg

0wxIzEg.jpg

Second is a Carbon Grey:

kbjsc7b.jpg

0FfoNZ2.jpg

gLsEDNn.jpg

Both are in excellent condition, save for the shrinkage, and the usual Akubra quality. They come from a pet and smoke free household.

I'd like £55 posted for each, please, ideally by cheque or bank transfer. Paypal is OK if the fees are picked up.

Curious... how did they shrink that much? Did you soak them?

I’m asking as I’ve am Akubra on the way.

Curious... how did they shrink that much? Did you soak them?

I’m asking as I’ve am Akubra on the way.

There are lots and lots of discussions on the leather Akubra uses in their sweatbands shrinking. A full size is fairly common, but not everyone has the same experiences. Buy a band block or a hat stretcher and keep one in the hat whenever you’re not wearing it. They are still great hats.

And it’s unlikely that these hats will shrink any more so if they are your size this is a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Cav

New in Town
Hi Dave, I am interested in the Carbon Grey ...... I usually wear a 7 1/8 (57cm) so I am thinking if this one is "pre-shrunk" it might suit. Can you ship it to me in Australia? ( I know, how ironic that I live here and seeking an Akubra from UK ) if so, can you please confirm your total price for hat + shipping to post code 4558 Queensland. Many thanks Dan :)

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Hi Dave, I am interested in the Carbon Grey ...... I usually wear a 7 1/8 (57cm) so I am thinking if this one is "pre-shrunk" it might suit. Can you ship it to me in Australia? ( I know, how ironic that I live here and seeking an Akubra from UK ) if so, can you please confirm your total price for hat + shipping to post code 4558 Queensland. Many thanks Dan :)

Dan, sorry I missed this. I'll have to check prices to ship to Australia, probably be the weekend before I can get back to you.

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Dan,

You're right to be frustrated, sorry for the lack of reply. No excuse, really, life got in the way and I totally forgot until I saw the notification of your reply. I'll PM you as well, but if you are still interested, I'll send it to Australia for the £55 it's shown at. Totally understand that your interest may well have moved on!

Dave

Hi Dave,
You are welcome to PM me if you still want to sell, but ......... I have sort of lost interest now its been so long without a reply.
Cheers Dan

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Hi Dave,
If you are willing to accept £45 delivered, please consider the Carbon Grey sold to me ... The exchange rate to $AU is not very favorable for me, but for a Fed IV I am willing to part with some hard earned $.
Cheers Dan :)

Dan, sorry, can't do it that cheap. I know how you feel about the exchange rate, I got hit with it the other direction in the past!

Dave

Dan Cav

New in Town
Dan, sorry, can't do it that cheap. I know how you feel about the exchange rate, I got hit with it the other direction in the past!

Dave
No worries Dave ..... I will just have to save up and buy myself a new one (they are about $160 AU) But if you change your mind feel free to PM me ...... Cheers Dan :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran