Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 30s Floor Length Black Velvet Coat

SayCici

Practically Family
This is a gorgeous black ankle- or floor-length velvet coat from the 1930s, I would guess mid- to late. There are 5 buttons, each also velvet covered and in great condition. On the right side of the coat beneath the collar, there is a velvet bow with (real) fur stems in it that is centered when the coat is buttoned. I'm not sure what kind of condition the fur is in, it looks clean but there seem to be areas where the bone is showing, you can see it in the photos. If you are interested in removing or replacing the fur, I believe that would be possible.

il_430xN.106868907.jpg

il_430xN.106868844.jpg

il_430xN.106868818.jpg

There is a label that reads:
The John Shillito Co.
Cincinnati

Coat's measurements, (taken flat and then doubled (to those applicable)):
Armpit to armpit - ~33" (there are princess seams which creates a little more space here)
Waist - 29"
Length - 56-57"
Shoulder to shoulder - 14"
Sleeve - 22"

The coat is fully lined, with a light cream-y champagne colored fabric, I'm guessing silk. In excellent condition.

I need to sell this bulky thing before moving so please just make an offer if you're interested! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred