Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS - Bates Supreme, 7 1/8

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The number of hats I have around has crept up to the point where I need to find new homes for a couple.

Here's a very nice Bates Supreme in a really rich brown colour (the colour is a deeper brown than my photos would suggest). The hat was made by Bates in London and is styled very much like those Whippets we love to track down. I have a couple of early 50's Whippets and I'd say that if anything the Bates felt feels to be a little higher quality - very dense and in fantastic condition.

The dimensions are the classic 5 1/2 crown, 2 1/2 bound brim and 1 1/5 ribbon, the hat also has a wind trolly.

Brown isn't really my colour so this hat doesn't get worn as much as it deserves - I'm hoping that a fellow lounger has a place in their collection for a great example of British hatmaking. Excellent condition both inside and out - the felt looks like new with no moth damage.

Price is $95.00 shipped in the Continental US. Send me a PM if interested.

D335320-L.jpg

D335324-L.jpg

D335326-L.jpg

D335322-L.jpg

RobStC

A-List Customer
How has this hat gone unsold for more than a day now? Another great mystery of the universe, I suppose.

I'm not really wearing brown hats these days (early 50's + greying hair = doesn't work![huh]). If it was a more suitable colour this one would be winging its way to Scotland as we speak.....

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments, guys. If you like to wear brown hats, you'll not find many as nice as this one.

It's still available, so please don't make me send it to the stormy waters of that bay!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Is the size a 7 1/8 european, which translates to a 7 1/4 american?

The Bates must have been made specifically for the US market because it is just about a 71/8 US size.

I've tried to measure the circumference as accurately as I can and I'd say it is close to 22 3/8 inches. I'm a small 71/8 in size and it fits me nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24