Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Brand new Simmons Bilt ANJ-4 44

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Hi all,
Brand new unworn Simmons Bilt ANJ-4 here for sale. This doesn't fit me unfortunately so I have to move it on. It's a 44 with 15mm sheepskin in the body and 25mm collar. Selling price is £810, what I paid but with free shipping. It arrived in April. It doesn't have a tag for some reason but I've shown the sales invoice below.

Measurements:
P2P 24
Shoulders 19.5
Sleeves 22.5
Back 26.5

Thanks for looking.
Joe

but
224ef869-8983-46e7-84ef-de1cfc880c8d.jpg
image1%206.jpg
image1%208.jpg

The ANJ-4 is by far my favorite of these flight shearling jackets! I've never seen one in black and but it's even cooler this way. Pocket flaps are particularly nice. This would keep me warm during the winter but sadly at the 22.5" length, sleeves wouldn't even reach up to my wrists. Fantastic jacket either way! Good luck with the sale.

Wow 2" too short in the sleeves is a major failure on the makers part. I can't see how on earth they aren't begging for the opportunity to fix a blatant error like that. that is completely unacceptable

Mark

Practically Family
Think you should contact them again. Surley bad for their business. I am surprised my experience with SB has been very good. At £810. you have to sought this, 1.5" error is not acceptable.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
This is strange. I'm clueless how these sleeves could end up short as 22.5". Regardless of patterns origins, these should be like 26" in a size 44, right? I'm assuming you asked for shorter sleeves and the cutter went a bit overboard in the adjusting process?

edit: I met Steve at their factory last year and experienced him to be a very friendly, laid back man. I hope you two can work it out.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
This is strange. I'm clueless how these sleeves could end up short as 22.5". Regardless of patterns origins, these should be like 26" in a size 44, right? I'm assuming you asked for shorter sleeves and the cutter went a bit overboard in the adjusting process?

edit: I met Steve at their factory last year and experienced him to be a very friendly, laid back man. I hope you two can work it out.

That seems to be what happened alright, unfortunately too short sleeves are a deal breaker, any other measurements being out I could probably put up with but not the sleeves. Steve's been in contact about a return, hopefully it all works out.

Cheers
Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy