Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Clinch CN Engineer Boots sz 10 US

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Offered for sale are a pair of Clinch by Brass Tokyo Classic Narrow brown engineer boots sz US 10 / Clinch 11

MSRP $1056

See http://panchoandlefty.se/product/clinch-narrow-engineer-boots-brown

I can unequivocally say they are the highest quality boots I've ever handled. Completely hand made using very robust Horween natural latigo and hand dyed by Brass at the very end of production. They exceed others in both the attention to detail and construction quality IMO. Think: Attractions made by Wesco.

But as much as I love them, they're just not working out for me.

Fit is generally described as TTS on these (eg sz 10 in Brannock, Converse All Stars and Wesco). However, I find the last to be pretty narrow in every aspect (overall width and depth of the toe box). Accordingly, you may find them better fitted when sizing up (eg sz 9.5 in Brannock, Converse All Stars, and Wesco). If I were to do it over again, I'd probably order the next size up myself.

The boots have been sitting on the shelf for all but about a dozen wears for me. They're just uncomfortable enough that I opt to wear other boots. As a result, they remain in very good condition apart from a very small split in the leather at the toe/welt of the left boot, as pictured below. I noticed this blemish after a few wears when applying a coat of Saphir. I was completely bummed at first. However, after checking with two different cobblers, both whom told me they thought it was purely cosmetic, I was able to put my mind at ease and move on. It's almost impossible to see without very careful inspection, but it's there regardless and you are buying them as-is.

First $600 gets them (free shipping conus, actual shipping for international buyers). They will be carefully packaged and shipped along with the original box.

No offers will be considered for now. I'm just not that motivated to part ways with em.

5A96800A-6CE9-472B-981E-C7E2AAFCE2EC.jpg

6DA8345A-00A2-4297-B57A-0ED7BFC25FE2.jpg

1B8D9D0F-1919-4E3C-B601-C71910FD205E.jpg

38DC3632-310B-4845-B805-8A53D8147296.jpg

0F21D291-6149-477E-B150-5CBC3307F41C.jpg

7A4630A8-D4E0-4680-87FD-FC67B9DC40A7.jpg

6488B403-8CCC-41B5-89AD-4E898E4F8E33.jpg

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
looks like attractions from the side, what's the insole material? slippery? compared to attractions?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
looks like attractions from the side, what's the insole material? slippery? compared to attractions?

Reg, they're leather thru and thru. Not slippery at all. More snug all around than Attractions For sure. But also more comfortable in terms of the heel height and position of the shafts. You should consider a pair yourself bro. Much better quality than just about anything out there today. Truly

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Super well made engineer boots. Soak them rascals for a week in some thin conditioner and stretch the toe box are a bit. They can fit you much better as they are made narrow to start out. It these were a size 11D I'd be buying them from you for my Husband.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Most beautiful engineer boots I've ever seen!

I would agree with you. If I can sell some other crap in its stead, I'll keep these boots. This is the result of me buying another jacket when I shouldn't have haha

A-1

One Too Many
Haha. Damn, you're a funny boy!
I actually think you won't regret it! This will be a go to jacket for you buddy.
Let me see pics if you received it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo