• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

FS: Cockpit Horsehide A-2 size 46L

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by nick123, Mar 12, 2012.

1. nick123

nick123 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I am selling a nearly new (only worn about 10 times) Cockpit Horsehide A-2 jacket. It was my first "flight jacket" and I was way off with the size. Has an 8th Air Force bullion patch on the shoulder. Only worn a handful of times, though comes from a smoking home. Retail price new (from U.S. Wings-$483). Am asking $375...will ship free to anywhere in the U.S.). More than happy to answer any questions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. schmitty8

schmitty8 New in Town

looks pretty cool and fair price. Just curious, approximately body length from collar to bottom of knit? thanks.

3. nick123

From bottom of collar (top of storm flap) to bottom of knit (front):23 inches
    From collar seam to bottom of knit (back): 27 inches
    Hope this helps.

4. nick123

anyone interested?

5. Rycraft

Rycraft New in Town

Maybe it's just my screen but the pictures appear to me that the jacket is more of a Russet than a Seal brown..is this accurate to say?

6. nick123

Yep, it's a Russet Brown color. I ordered it from U.S. Wings-here is the link:
    http://www.uswings.com/cockpit2.asp

7. nick123

8. Rycraft

Rycraft New in Town

Hey Nick, thanks for the info. Would you be able to throw a few pics up of it being worn or outside? I looked at the link, just trying to figure out how red the jacket is. Thanks in advance!:D

9. nick123

I would prefer to not take any pictures of me wearing it, as I made the mistake with the 44l g-1 I got from Gibson Barnes not too long after..(it seems as if there are several pictures on google images of me wearing the thing, about 2 sizes too big lol)...but sure, I can take some pictures outside or whatnot...I will be sure to upload the most accurate color pictures I can take. To add to this though, I found out I wear a 40L! I started with a 46, went to a 44 , and am now at a 40! I will have the pictures up by Wednesday night.

10. Rycraft

Rycraft New in Town

Sure, no problem. Wow! 46 to a 40. I'm strange like that. I have a 46R Excelled G-1 that is tightish on me(losing weight) and an old motorcycle jacket which I can't identify a maker or hide on-Looks almost identical to Snake Plissken's jacket in Escape from NY that is variable from 48-54 depending on how you lace the sides. One of these days I may post pics up of the moto jacket to see if anyone can identify a hide or manufacturer. Looks like it's maybe 30ish years old.

11. nick123

Hey Rycraft,
    My apologies for not having the pics up. I just took a few more tonight, to try to bring the "red" tones out a bit and here are a few more, but I forgot that you originally requested pics of the jacket being worn. Anyhow, here are the pics I took to try to bring out the color (I also tried to work with different lighting settings, but had a hard time getting the lighting consistent with the flash). I will say that from observation it is a very uniform brown russet color, not tan at all, just a reddish/brown tone. Hope these help. Again, sorry for taking so long to get back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. nick123

anyone?

13. nick123

Price drop- $300

14. Rycraft

Rycraft New in Town

PM'd.