Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Dated Bespoke 40s 3-Piece 43-44R x 40" waist

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
In the last year, I've dropped 2 1/2 suit sizes. As such, this suit is far too big for me now and outside of the rage of what can be altered to my size. I thought I'd give my fellow FLoungers a chance at this suit before I take the eBay route. I will be going though and selling off a number of similarly sized suits in the following weeks, so stay tuned . . .

From my personal collection, this suit was Bespoke in either 1941 or 1947 (can tell if the label reads "1" or "7"). I bought a number of items from this gentleman's estate, years ago. He was a very prominent German-Jewish doctor who escape to the U.S. when already middle aged, in 1933. In S.F., he practiced medicine for years and built a very successful practice. His clothes were all top notch and custom made. According to my age'd tailor, the store that made this suit was a well known and high end San Francisco tailor in the 30s/40s and into the 60s.

I would like $275 US for this suit, which will include USPS Priority shipping w/ insurance and signature confirmation. Anyone outside the U.S., please drop me a line and I'll look up shipping costs.

The fine print:
Payment by PayPal
Please no calling "dibs" if you're not 110% committed to buying
I work full-time (and long hours) and will make every effort to ship ASAP, which might mean until the soonest following weekend

Last edited:

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Trousers

Feature: Hollywood waist; on-seam pockets; flat front (a conservative styling for that period); high back waistband; an extremely long rise.

Waist = 40" +1 1/2" for alteration
Inseam = 30" +1" for alteration
Outseam = 44 1/2"
Rise = 14 1/2"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24