Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Eastman Monarch A-2 Jacket size 44

robster59

New in Town
I'm selling my Eastman Monarch A-2 jacket. It's a size 44 regular in russet brown horsehide that shows beautiful grain and is quite supple. The jacket is from a nonsmoking home and otherwise has no issues. The leather shows light wear here and there from normal use but remains in great shape. The wool waist band and cuffs are perfect, as is the lining. The zipper works normally.

Measurements are as follows:
pit to pit: 23"
sleeve from shoulder seam to end of wool sleeve cuff: 25.5"
shoulder: 20"
from top of collar to bottom of wool waist cuff: 27"

I'm 5'11", 175, wear a size 42R jacket and the jacket is slightly too large for me though it's OK with a sweater underneath.

Looking to sell for $550 plus additional $25 for fully insured trackable shipping via USPS priority mail. Payment by PayPal or USPS money order. US sale only.

IMG_3822.JPG
IMG_3828.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3829.JPG
    IMG_3829.JPG
    674.9 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    676.9 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_3827.JPG
    IMG_3827.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 389
I am not familiar with Eastman jackets, other than by reputation. Would you catagorize this as a midweight jacket? I have s Schott A-2 that is a monster and find it too heavy for this climate. Looking for an A2 in a lighter weight hide.
Also, the dimensions work well for me but would you describe this as a slim cut or a more medium to full cut?

robster59

New in Town
I am not familiar with Eastman jackets, other than by reputation. Would you catagorize this as a midweight jacket? I have s Schott A-2 that is a monster and find it too heavy for this climate. Looking for an A2 in a lighter weight hide.
Also, the dimensions work well for me but would you describe this as a slim cut or a more medium to full cut?

Definitely on the lighter side, and it could safely be called a midweight jacket. I've also owned Lost World and Real McCoys jackets, and this one is lighter thsn those. The A-2's aren't supposed to be heavy as they were issued as summer flight jackets.

Hard for me to describe the cut as the jacket is slightly too large for me.
Probably a trim to medium cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner