Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Goodwear Californian size 46

Dnjnk

New in Town
Thanks for asking. It’s a beauty. John C. let me know a bit about it- it was an early prototype for his cafe racer patterns. The leather is a chrome tanned steerhide.
How’s the fit? Based on website photos, I love how clean it is. I actually just emailed John about possibly ordering one — we’ll see if I receive a response.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
How’s the fit? Based on website photos, I love how clean it is. I actually just emailed John about possibly ordering one — we’ll see if I receive a response.
I seem to have lost my original pic so an outtake is all I have left. I know I posted another pic on the VLJ Forum.
D57FAA19-D1C5-4D81-BBCA-2434112F539E.jpeg

It is indeed clean. No sleeve zips. I remember John saying this one was made way back in 2009, so you can use that as a point of reference.

Only complaint (and it’s just one of those design quirks) is that the mandarin collar is the type that kind of obstructs the neck. In a strange way I kind of like it. However, I think his current CR collar is smaller.

I’ll try to locate that other zipped up photo for you. :)

Dnjnk

New in Town
I seem to have lost my original pic so an outtake is all I have left. I know I posted another pic on the VLJ Forum.
View attachment 429429
It is indeed clean. No sleeve zips. I remember John saying this one was made way back in 2009, so you can use that as a point of reference.

Only complaint (and it’s just one of those design quirks) is that the mandarin collar is the type that kind of obstructs the neck. In a strange way I kind of like it. However, I think his current CR collar is smaller.

I’ll try to locate that other zipped up photo for you. :)
I actually ran across this photo of you earlier and didn’t realize it was you. It looks AWESOME and is definitely propelling my desire to have a similar one made. I get the annoyance of the collar, but personally find that size to be more attractive than smaller, floppier mandarin collars — worth the nuisance.

Damon141

Practically Family
It’s new and stiff now but The collar will most definitely soften up and become more pliable if you wear it a lot.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Reposting this back for sale. It’s the one Goodwear I have that feels a little too large. These styles have to be fitted right.

John let me know that this was his one of his first - if not the first, incarnations of this model - from 2009 I believe. A little history added to this jacket.

I wear 44s or 46s across the Good Wears I’ve owned, and this one’s definitely built for a larger 44 or even true 46 for a slimmer fit.

If any interest, we can negotiate a fair price.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Thanks for asking. It’s a beauty. John C. let me know a bit about it- it was an early prototype for his cafe racer patterns. The leather is a chrome tanned steerhide.
Good to know the hide. Didn’t think it looked like Shinki or Italian HH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner