Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Goodwear Leather Roughwear 27752 A-2 jacket - $900

proft

New in Town
Up for sale is the nicest jacket I’ve ever had. It’s a Goodwear Leather A-2 jacket, in the Roughwear 27752 pattern. It also has the rare but period-accurate Crown zipper. I ordered this gem from John Chapman in June 2020, in anticipation of an amazing 50th birthday present to myself about 6-12 months in the future. I knew it would be late, but wanted to get the order in. And then I waited. And waited. Finally, at the end of summer 2022 (26 months), I received the jacket. It was everything I anticipated, and I wore it happily a few times that fall.

So why am I selling this gem? Everything is perfect on this jacket - the leather grain, the hardware, the attention to detail… except that the torso is too short for me. I need about another inch or so! If it were a better fit in this one area, I would never sell it! This is my fault entirely.

About my physique: I’m 6 feet tall and about 195 pounds. I normally wear a Large size in shirts, and a size 42 in a suit jacket. John nailed all of it. Even the sleeve length is wonderful for me, which is incredible because that’s been one of the biggest issues I’ve had with A-2s, with the sleeves pulling up as I raise my arms. That doesn’t happen with this jacket for me!

Anyway, see the measurements below and of course the photos for details.

I’m asking $900 shipped in the continental US. In case you’re wondering, I’m taking the proceeds and ordering another jacket from John, just with altered measurements gained from what I learned here. Will it be another Roughware? Unsure - there are so many beautiful WW2 A-2 contracts!

Pit to pit - 22.5”
Shoulder to shoulder, across back - 19”
Sleeve length, shoulder to end of knit - (measured on outer curve of sleeve. See photo) 25”
Back length, base collar to bottom of wool waistband - 24”
Zipper length - 22.5”

Please fire away with any questions you may have. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_5554.jpeg
    IMG_5554.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5555.jpeg
    IMG_5555.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5556.jpeg
    IMG_5556.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_5557.jpeg
    IMG_5557.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5558.jpeg
    IMG_5558.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5559.jpeg
    IMG_5559.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5560.jpeg
    IMG_5560.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 142

rifkinbp

New in Town
Beautiful jacket. Put in an order to John but if this fits I wouldn’t mind wearing while I wait.

What’s your chest measurement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy