Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS heavy tan steerhide zip sleeve Roadster size 38

schitzo

Suspended
Owned by me from new for a little over a year this hasn't seen much wear. I have worked on the collar though, with some hot water, which did help it a lot. Here's a thread from when it came: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...an-steer-Roadster-with-zip-sleeves&highlight=
A few trips overseas with this in my suitcase have possibly softened it up a bit too.

The depth of colour is fantastic and I've tried photographing with different settings to hopefully capture some of that. I can take more photos if asked to. When you see this steerhide in the flesh you will understand why there are those who choose steer over horsehide. Of jackets I've owned the leather on this looks to be the best quality alas for me I find it's a bit heavier than I'd like. If you ride I'm sure it'd be perfect, but I don't. Am not sure what the exact weight is but now that I've worn it out a few times I think it's a bit heavier than Horween FQHH. The zip sleeves were a great extra and lend it a real versatility.

Fits like a true size 38.
Sleeves 27.5"
Length 25.5
Shoulders 18"
Pit to pit 22"

Weight 2.5Kg

If this is your size and you're after a tan leather jacket you're in luck! Given the condition, the amount of use, and the rarity of this leather (it's discontinued now) I think 2/3 of the original retail is a fair asking price.

£345 + shipping.

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
Have just realised that with 18" shoulders and a chest that measures 22" across this is a 'big' size 38. Possibly it's a 40?

It is available for the whole bank holiday weekend then it'll have to be withdrawn.

If anyone would like to share with me how to edit the title of this thread, go ahead!

All the best
Schitz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner