Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Knox 20 Size 7

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This is a fantastic Knox 20 in a cool grey felt.

Everything about it is very classy, 5 1/2 inch crown, nice and straight, and generous 2 7/8 bound brim. The black ribbon has a shark gill style pleated bow design. The wind trolly button is that version with the cute little Knox logo.

Very nice condition - the felt has just a couple of shallow moth tracks on the brim and there is that little bit of corrosion on the wire of the reed at the back of the sweatband (common on hats of this 50's era). The liner is very clean and the onion skin protecting the Knox logo is totally intact.

The only reason I'm selling this is that I have accumulated several other grey/black hats and this one isn't getting as much use as I would like.

There is no size tag, but the HCA label under the sweatband tells it is size 7. To give you an idea, my noggin measures 22 3/8 and the hat fits me well, maybe a tiny bit loose.

Want to give this classic Golden Era hat a home and wear it proudly? It's yours for $95.00 including shipping in the Continental US - as usual I like to offer hats to Loungers for about the same as I paid.

Send me a PM if you want it!

D317985-L.jpg

D317987-L.jpg

D317990-L.jpg

D317991-L.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I hear ya, Splintz. Getting everything to align just right with vintage hats doesn't happen everyday.

Last day of the auction for this one so someone will have a great new hat pretty soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner